Sinister: What the fortuneteller said.

Stefano [Steady-State] stephanowic at xxx.it
Fri Nov 28 14:37:52 GMT 2003

	I wasn´t paying any attention when the fortuneteller took my hand. It was a warm day of August, and the sun was still high over the line horizon, reflecting on river surface, just broken by a million little floating waves. Like blinding colours from the mirror. She was telling things about my life. I wasn´t listening. The present. The future. And the past. Rather starring at her. And her fingers were subtle when she was following the lines and the paths on my palm. The paths which are supposed to have a story written in it.
	She said my life would be long. I looked at her and smiled.
	I wasn´t listening. Sometimes I don´t listen to what the people talk to me.

But was the point of having a hand read, when you are not interested in the tale.
	I don´t know. I can´t really answer. But she kept on talking.

	I´ve always wondered if in this implies that everything is already written on our hands, or if we are the writer. Might be there is just a sketch of story, a few lines, and we have to complete them. Might be there is even an entire scenario, and still have to take our role in the play. And say our line, at the right clap of the hands. That someone else will read one day.
			I always tough we write the story. Most of it, at least.
		But there are things, we can´t write. And word we can´t say. And words we shouldn´t listen, or wouldn´t listen. Or that we should.
		She said my hands were nice. She said things. I though she said things to anyone. Probably the same ones. Or might be not. Who can say.
	She was talking to me, telling me stories I wouldn´t have believed, and she knew.
		At she said life would be painless. I´m sorry but, that´s not what I found.
or sauer,

	I kissed the fortuneteller.
		Goodbye the fortuneteller.

Yours,