Sinister: confessions

clairk at xxx.edu clairk at xxx.edu
Sat Nov 29 05:55:00 GMT 2003

Bless me, sinisters, for I have sinned.  It's been about a month or
so since my last confession.

I _meant_ to write a good report of the show I saw in St. Paul, but
then I had to write a paper about it and it never occurred to me until
the other day to just copy and paste that, and now it's 450 miles
away with the rest of my stuff since I'm home for the holidays now.
Sad!  I'll try and give a brief rundown of the good costumes which
the band was wearing on account of it having been Halloween and
all.  Actually I only remember three of them doing anything out of
the ordinary so this will be pretty quick.

Stuart came out dressed in one of those full-body skeleton outfits
you can buy at Wal-Mart for like $5 (but don't buy them from
Wal-Mart, they suck).  He played the ribs on it like a xylophone, and
then that was the end of that and he had some other outfit on
underneath that which he wore for the rest of the night.  Mick had
his face painted all in white and had put fake blood all over the
front of his shirt, which rocked all of us like the real thing.  Sarah
had one of those little plastic devil's pitchforks and a pair of devil
horns which she was wearing as a headband.  I think that about
covers it.  Also they played some songs, and they were all pretty
good.

Did I mention I was sitting in an opera box seat at the show?  I
think I did in the last e-mail I tried to send, before the internet
devoured it alive.  Well, I did.  I wish I'd had opera glasses to view
the concert with but I think it would have been at odds with my
singing along to basically every song and shouting "Celtic!" when
someone down below shouted "Partick Thistle" first.  I don't think
people in box seats do that sort of thing.

Anyway, so I'm in Illinois right now so I watch a lot of TV.  I don't get
to see Belle and Sebastian on it, though, so I can't report back on
anything like that, though.  The video for "Hey Ya!" is totally
awesome, though.

Hello to the #sinister people I know.  I should be back around
soon enough.

shaking it like a polaroid picture,
-kevin (jackflaps)