Sinister: i've got my hands in so many dykes and i can't get them out

Jonathan Skinner staralful at xxx.com
Sat Nov 29 13:43:00 GMT 2003

Dear Sinister
i hope this finds people well etc etc and so forth. the subject was taken
from our dear taoseach ( irish equivilant of prime minister/president Blair)
Another one i thought was quite humourous was "through government funding we
have managed to turn temple bar ( "cultural" quarter of dublin) into
Irelands west bank.
 Squire Gardiner mentioned about meet ups in London. I am travelling all the
way over the irish sea for this gig and wouldn't mind a meet up/piss up of
sorts. I am going to the wednesday gig if that aids matters any. I can't
wait , even though my window for getting to london is thin , if we don't get
that flight in the early morning our plans are basically sunk which would be
a shame. going to england last week i was meant to fly out on friday morning
, due to weather our flight was cancelled and we had to drive to Kerry
Airport to fly out 12 hours after we intended. This is the eqivilant to
wanting to fly out of Newark and driving to the tiniest municiple airport
with no longterm carpark and damn expensive guinness . the dvd i must say i
like. i am not in any way an anorak of it but it is getting there, i noticed
at least one example of gurning which funnily enough is a word i never new
existed until this very day. Drew Barrymore? i tried once and came to the
conclusion that my remaining leg was being pulled.
 i got ms campbells album the other day and must say i quite like it. ok i
felt like a bit of a idiot going up to the counter with a pink cd case and
lining up behind a guy with the buffy box set but anyway i pulled through
and after i tore the sticker off say "ex belle and sebastian cellist" and
had a moment silence i put the album on and it was rather goo d. something
in
me wasn't expecting to be. i think cats pajamas is my fave thus far. some of
it does sound slightly like b+s when she was with them which makes sense.
Also i noticed in the liner notes that she thanks Mr Stuart David ( i wonder
how wee Karn is , since he hasn't done anything of particular importance
since i feel i have lost touch with what wee karn has said/done/shat) and
she doesn't even mention anyone in belle and sebastian. i think we have an
opposition camp setting up.
Anyway i can't really remember what else i was going to write about so i
will just end on this note. meetup?
regards
Jonathan