Sinister: Fill Your Pants, Child, You Wank Like A Professional

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Thu Oct 2 09:34:12 BST 2003

Hullo again,

It has been brought to my attention that the link to Richard's dirty video
didn't work. Have a try with this instead:
http://www.lesinrocks.com/DetailArticle.cfm?iditem=162182 . While watching
this video I felt like worlds were colliding and all of our Sinister
smut-sodden parodies over the years were finally being played out before my
very eyes. A very strange feeling indeed. Or maybe it was all the darling
honeys in the video that gave me that strange feeling. Hmm. I wonder if the
video was directed by William G Stewart..

Um, that was all I popped in to say, but seeing as I'm at the bar I may as
well buy a drink, take off my hat, and bore you all a bit longer.

The Vicar said:

<< The new Belle & Sebastian album is called "Dear Catastrophe Waitress".
Three words, shortenable to the initials DCW. So why are people inventing an
endless succession of >10 letter "acronyms" for it? As an old person I feel
that this was maybe funny for TBWTAS, but it has outlived its usefulness. >>

Yeah, well I guess if it was about usefulness we could all just call it
"Waitress". But I think I like making up stupid acronyms for the same
reasons I like Ken Chu: because it's absurd, pointless and rude. Yeah, rude
words are funny, basically.

I was having another look at the dearcatastrophewaitress.com website last
night, and there's all sorts of things to discover. The band bio is like
worlds colliding again, with some great lines about Dennis Waterman, and
about how Stuart David had a lot of spunk but a face like a bag of spanners.

Erm, what else? Just read Ken's post and would like to say I agree about If
She Wants Me being a great song. I think more people should write about how
ace it is. The instrumentation - all those pianos and organs - is fantastic.
Just came back from the shop, where I bought a scone, and read a review of
the new album in Q. The reviewer gave it 3 stars, which is fair enough, but
said something about how the lyrics follow their usual habit of being too
"fey, shallow and smug". I understand the first accusation, but the second
and third are a bit strange. Perhaps if he wants a band that isn't shallow
or smug he should start listening to Robbie Williams, or the Strokes, say.

I think we should start a campaign for Belle and Sebastian to play at the
Duke's school. It would be brilliant, though I'd be worried that the band
might get beaten up.

bye

Robin