Sinister: I'd rather be in Tokyo Joe's

Sharon Leach shazrazzamatazz at xxx.com
Thu Oct 2 11:33:22 BST 2003

Dirty Vicar said:

<<I am reminded of one thing from a while back -
remember how the B&S manager person laid into some
poor American who was all sad because B&S weren't
coming to her town? He said that the band had played
there before and were now more interested in playing
in places they hadn't been to before, like Reykjavik.
Since then the band have basically ignored Reykjavik
and played a succession of gigs in towns they've
already played in. If I lived in Iceland I would be
very annoyed.>>

Don't worry love, they're over it. In my recent
sojourn to Reykjavik, they were quite happily playing
TBWTAS in Damon Albarn's bar. And at no point did they
cast any black magic over the band to prove their
dismay. In fact, they looked to be enjoying the album,
dancing around while pouring my extortionate Schnapps.
So I think they forgive B&S, unless there's a Northern
European tour that I don't know about...

Mr Chu said:

<<If how I guess the album is going to be is correct,
it's almost going to be like B&S have matured and
won't be spending the whole time singing about having
being odd in school and having no friends or having
wet dreams anymore, but sometimes sing about having
loved and hurt and a being better person for it, or
choking on cornflakes.  And I am going to like it.>>

Well said. The band have matured, the sound has
matured and the lyrics have matured. And they sound a
whole world better for it. Asleep on a Sunbeam just
seems to say everything about my life at the moment,
the title track is practically Morricone and yay for
Thin Lizzy tributes. I've been listening to the album
online all week, and I can't stop. I go home at night
and sing the songs to myself, eager to get to work the
next day so I can listen to the album again.

I've always liked B&S. Now I finally love them.

This is the start of a long and beautiful relationship
together :D

sharon
xxx

*all hail Trevor Horn*