Sinister: Climpy*

Kate Keenan shrimpmagnet at xxx.com
Mon Oct 6 00:11:56 BST 2003

Hi All,

I've also been lurking - mostly hiding out until I get my act together to
send lovely thank-you cards out to those kind, longsufferers who sent me
Christmas pressie exchanges.  Never fear - their tardiness is proportionate
to their eventual fabulousness.  You probably oughtn't to send me such
lovely stuff - it just overwhelms me (oh go on, then).

Anyway, had to stick my nose in at "Climpy".  Paulo, I'm in complete support
of your campaign and I promise to do my bit but thought you might also like
to know that Douglas Adams (terribly missed) defined "Climpy" in his
brilliant book "The Meaning of Liff" as:

Allowing yourself to be persuaded to do something and pretending to be
reluctant.

I don't see why it can't have two meanings in the spirit of the  "bust",
"colon", "prune" and "taipan".

More the merrier, really.

Lots of love to all (plus some sheepishness to some),

Kate