Sinister: t*ee

miss lou daisygreenlight at xxx.com
Tue Oct 7 02:06:33 BST 2003

hello sinister.

well, here i am just fourteen short hours before i
will enter the record shop tomorrow to buy the new
album.

i must say, after reading all these reviews i don't
know what i will make of it. i suspect i'll like it
just fine enough, now that i have accepted the band is
just different. mr. hewitt's review left me quite
insatiably curious, though, at least until tomorrow.

but...legal man? if legal man is your favored bit you
will love dcw?

i don't know about this at all.

***

so i joined friendster. after hearing about it for
ages from the kids at work.

it's an interesting social experiement, i think. and i
am just vain enough to admit i like reading my
testimonials. as though people need to talk about me
as they would a miracle stain remover on a late-night
infomercial.

one friendster described me in one word.

twee.

and i haven't even talked about my deep-seated love
for my little pony barrettes.

***

i suggest that if ken chu is on the lookout for album
covers/cases that offer tactile happiness he pick up
the new seal.

i received a copy in the mail as payment for one of my
many jobs these days, and i am happy to report the
classy, heavy paper case features seal's face in
RELIEF form.

imagine the scene:

i, in the late afternoon of a very lazy saturday, sit
next to my roommate on the couch, holding an envelope
(we are still in pajamas). i open the envelope.

we see the seal cd, both simultaneously gasp with
delight. upon unwrapping, we discover seal's LIPS are
RAISED, waiting for us to kiss them.

we do. again and again and again until we are spent.

now you see. this album will sell by the THOUSANDS.

***

i am certain i have admitted my love for steve burns,
former host of blues clues, at an earlier time. late
have i loved him especially; so much so that i wrote
him a tiny email asking him to perform in my area.

(note: the above clause was meant in no way to be
dirty.)

at any rate, i spent a good deal of time talking about
steve at a party friday night, culminating with my
frighteningly sober declaration that i MUST have
steve's new album (songs for dustmites) for either
christmas or my birthday.

you can imagine my surprise and wondrous joy, then,
when i heard mr. burns himself on npr yesterday.

really, i think he is a brilliant man.

xo.lou.

=====
www.somewhereinbetween.net