Sinister: Shirley Lee - what a man!

a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com
Tue Oct 7 12:35:00 BST 2003

Dear Sinister,

How come that always when I think that being me really
sucks, everything turns around and - wohoo - life is
lovely again.

Lovely things:

a) A new nice e-mail from Stephen Chbosky yesterday

b) Getting an "Astrid +1" on the Spearmint gig at a
club which I'm three years too young to get into, to
see the lovely popsters, fronted by the amazing Shirley
Lee, a man as cool as his name. Check out
www.spearmint.net if you haven't heard them because
they are great and so nice and Shirley, or Shirl as he
calls himself, is super nice and wrote that he was
looking forward to meeting me and gave me a number to a
guy I should call if there are any problems. REALLY! It
is all too nice!

c) I've got standing... er.. seats or whatever it's
called in English for the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
gig which I might go to, but most of all we just wanted
to be able to choose. I haven't got any of their
records but I really want to see something and be blown
away. It was a long time since I went to a gig where I
didn't know all the songs already.

d) I've gotten, in total now, 2000 Swedish crowns to
spend on... clothes! From my grandma and grandpa and
I've bought such lovely things, so today after school
I'm coming over for tea to model a bit and show what
I've bought. And eat tremendous amounts of cookies, of
course.

   Amanda is still THE BEST FRIEND EVER and we have so
much fun that it should almost be considered a crime.
She really is my best friend, and since her mum lives
with my dad since like ten years, i've seen her grow
up, and when she was maybe twelve or something and I
was fourteen or fifteen, I remember thinking "HURRAH!
She's a good kid, because now she's starting to like
good music". Nowadays, let the amounts of bizarre
insider-facts prove her eternal wisdom:

Me: Astrid
Amanda: OH MY GOD do you KNOW what I just found on the
internet?!
M: What?