Sinister: existential angst

kevin jackflaps clairk at xxx.edu
Tue Oct 7 19:50:55 BST 2003

THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD

I think for all the trouble I've had to go through for the sake of this new
album, they should give it to me for free.  First I have to not see the
band when they come over here later this month, as they're going from
Chicago straight to Texas and skipping this particular corner of the
country entirely.  I still think there's plenty of time in that three-day
window between shows to play a surprise concert at, say, Carleton College,
but I'm not going to get my hopes up or anything.  It's too bad that the
Chicago show isn't over a weekend or I could just ride a bus like I did
last time and not have to drop out of school or anything.

Today I went to go buy the album, but no one had it.  Northfield has two
record stores - the indie/collector one downtown and the big faceless chain
south of town.  I walked to both - it was a nice day out and I don't have
anything better to do.  The one downtown said that his distributor was all
out and I couldn't get it until Thursday; the Sam Goody said that "we
probably just haven't unpacked the box it's in" and I should come back
tomorrow.  This is where I wish I could drive someplace, but what can you
do?  Apparently I can wait until tomorrow to finally own the album.
Sadness.

WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE

I've been meaning to write for a while.  People kept bringing things up
that I was like "oh, I have something to say about that!"  And then I would
say nothing for a long time.  Now I've forgotten what most of those things
are.  Although I distinctly remember agreeing with Ken that a Belle and
Sebastian game like that Wu-Tang Shaolin whatever game would be the Best
Thing Ever.  Except for that Wu-Tang Shaolin whatever game.  There ought to
be a crossover.

FUNNY LIST NAMES

I have one now.  Isn't it clever?  I don't really think it is, because I
have to explain it and anything you have to explain isn't terribly clever.

CALL AND RESPONSE

Miss Lou said this: "i am certain i have admitted my love for steve burns,
former host of blues clues, at an earlier time."  I agree.  On my radio
show we play his song that they have on the computer like every week.
It'll be the only song we do that to for like the whole of fall.

OH YEAH, THE BAND

I listened to DCW on that link that got passed round a few days ago.  It's
pretty good.  I won't review it any more than that until I own it and have
the chance to listen to it 755 times in a row.  But when will that be?
Intrigue.

down and out in minnesota,
-kevin

http://www.jackflaps.net - a product of rural america

"You should never wear your best trousers while going out to fight for
truth and freedom."  -- Henrik Ibsen