Sinister: if find yourself caught in the socio-cultural construct of 'love'*

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Wed Oct 8 02:42:41 BST 2003

Hello hypermediated subjects of sinister,

i have:
The New Album.
a new penchant for rawk.
an early springtime plane ticket for london (!).
new black leather boots that draw glances.
a le tigre ticket (can't see them enough, can one?).
a giant pot of freshly made chili (with crazy stuff like cumin and
cocoa in it.)
cold hands.

i don't have:
a b&s ticket for toronto. c'est trop cher pour moi. triste stuff.
a whole bunch of new albums that i'd really like to have.
a boyfriend.
that elusive 'calmness of the soul' i keep hearing about.

i don't mind what i don't have though. i'll live. (and, eesh, i've
got *boots*!) i'm pretty happy to have this flutter in my heart that
'dear catastrophe waitress' is directly responsible for. i was a bit
mopey today and then i bought the new album and came home and
listened to it while making chili. i heart the new album, i do. of
course, it really makes me want to go see b&s now... why no montreal
show? why? but hey, i got to see the aislers set yesterday with yo la
tengo. i mean, you can't shake a stick at that, can you? it was
*great*. they teamed up with ylt for 'nuclear war', and, i mean, you
haven't seen cute/excellent until you've seen all members of the
aislers set singing 'gonna kiss your ass goodbye goodbye, you ain't
got no ass' etc. and banging on drums and shaking tamborines.

re: rawk: lately i'm really loving:
the kills and the dirtbombs. man oh man, so great. the pop montreal
festival was last weekend too and i got to go every night (it lasted
4 nights - by chance i met a guy who had to go out of town for le
weekend and gave me his festival pass for the last 2 nights. wow, eh?
luck. and boots. hahaha. all above board, people, above board.) so i
got to see some great bands: metric, stars, washington social club,
andrew vincent and the pirates, the unicorns, soft canyon, the eaves,
aspera, julie doiron, and swearing at motorists. yes, so much music,
so much fun!

i'm not so much loving the totally sudden and painful descent into
*cold*. literally, one day i was wearing a skirt and sandals and the
next it was pants and a scarf. (and accompanying other coverings, of
course, smutsters - it's called synecdoche. maybe.)

and if you haven't yet seen 'Lost in Translation', please do so as
soon as possible. go, go now, go. go.

love, handknit scarves, and maybe even someone else's hands to keep
your hands warm,
robyn

*that subject heading is me making fun of school. and, therein,
making fun of myself. ohmygod, my aspirations *are* all wrapped up in
books. i should switch my thesis to erotica. or plain old smut. it's
not too late...

p.s. roy walker and my fleetwood-mac nostalgia = hand in hand. rad.
bit of The Who hanging around the album's parts too, i believe...
and, i mean, if The Who were a boy, or even a girl with a turkey
baster full of The Who chromosomes, i'd totally marry him/her and
have a lot of really cool babies (who wouldn't look like any members
of The Who proper but would just look like 'cool'. you know what i
mean. or do you think we can make them in a lab out of old Who
records and parts from radio shack? maybe?)

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Montreal, QC