Sinister: follow the troubadour

hannah brown pass_the_peas85 at xxx.com
Thu Oct 9 14:38:35 BST 2003

wooooaaaah,

This feels a bit strange, like walking into a room you haven't visited for
10 years, well, maybe not that profound. Admittedly i haven't paid any
attention to sinister for the past 4-5 months, lets say i've been in
hibernation. In that time i have been discovering the joys of non-student
life, spending my days researching the layouts of various Sainsbury's in my
area, watching Spaced videos until i can quote every line and finally
appreciating the exciting and varied world of coffee, mmmmmm.

On a little B&S note, i have been taking some (appropriate) CD's into the
bar where i work. Recently i took FISHYCLAP because i figured it was non
offensive and pleasant to eat your dinner to. However, i realised that the
problem with this album is track number 3, the infamous "Beyond the
Sunrise". You see, it doesn't matter what i am doing, when it comes on i
have to rush to skip it. I contemplated starting the album on track four to
save any feelings of anxiety but then realised that i would skip past " The
Model" which would e a crime.

I have also been playing Dots and Loops by Stereolab because i FUCKING love
that album and i even made a tape which always make someone bob their head
about, especially when " Green Onions" comes on.

Talking of onions, i know of two songs that have the word "Onion" in the
title. 1, "green Onions" by booker T and 2, "Know your Onion" by The Shins.
Can anyone think of any more song titles with the word Onion in it, boy i
would shhhure like to find out.

ASM metioned starting up a tape tree thing, which is great but what happened
to Colin the other tape tree person, i've had Carsmile's tape for ages now
and i want a new one!!!!!!!! I would be up for doing another tape, my last
one was a bit poo, i even decided to put a track that me and some friends
did when we were under the influence, in hidsight it's tres embarrassing and
makes me want to eat my own chin.

hey, i wouldn't mind another tape fron John Jennings, the other Oadby dude
coz that last one was BRILLIANT and i learnt lots from it.

well, that wasn't so bad was it, hannah b

ps, went to see arab strap last night, V V V good but perhaps a little too
much violin