Sinister: Digging

Katia913 at xxx.com Katia913 at xxx.com
Fri Oct 10 17:04:52 BST 2003

Belle and Sebastian to Sinister-kids, they were our history, our possiblilty. Dare I say, Our J-Lo.

Think about the questions most of us ask a new interest at the bar, at the party or at the library. "So...What do you listen to??" Hopeful waiting then..."Pretty much everthing. But not Country, or Techno."  How many times have I gotten that answer just to be a little disappointed. But maybe thats because they are stronger people.

I always put that answer off as, oh, this cat doesn't dig the way I do, they don't put effort into the little stuff...they aren't nearly as interesting. But, Sinister, dare I say they might not need to dig the way you and I do??

Maybe thats why you don't like B&S the way you used to. They don't carry that same meaning, same despair that matches what you felt last week. Last time the pockets of your duffle coat were weighted with medication. Maybe this different sound doesn't say the same thing it used to. And you don't have to dig anymore.

We are all comfortable with OLD Belle and Sebastian, we love them, thats why we are here. Get to know new Belle and maybe you'll see them in a new way.

Digging for that hidden gold is nice and all, when you find it its beautiful and new and you shine it up and show your friends or hide in in your purse if you're selfish. But while you are in the shaft, you are missing all the pretty colors on the trees outside.  If we get comfortable with who we are and don't dig to cover ourselves from the outside, maybe new belle and sebastian will be just as beautiful as that hidden treasure we found so many years ago.

I adore you, Sinister

Kate of C