Sinister: Hello kids

Jordi Trenzano jordiet at xxx.com
Tue Oct 14 11:35:23 BST 2003

Hi hi:

it's more than 5 years now since I first joined sinister. Needless to say that I wrote a
lot of crap lines, written on my crappy english. That last feature still remains in some
on my recent posts, you may even find some terrible writing mistakes.

"Dear Catastrophe Rijkaard" "only" peaked at 21 on it's 1st week at the UK. So, that's a
bit of a contradiction, even tough I heard that the sales at the Rough Trade shops don't
count on the album charts for some reason that I don't remember quite well, and that i'd
like to have someone to explain me.
  However, With all this talk of the band leaving the "indie" behaviour, now it looks like
the comercial success is not as important as it was expected. So, ¿ what's the bad point ?
I personally think the album reaches the levels of quality that I expected after "FYH",
even with some bits of change that are still a bit hard for me to get used to them.
However, we have songs and sense of humour. What else can we ask ? "Rhoda", maybe, but
nothing more. Oh, and a EUROPEAN TOUR IN "CLOSED" VENUES ! There was a band called Camera
Obscura that did that a while ago, and it was real fun.

Someone claimed to have fallen in love with the catastrophic waitress. I have heard that
the vinyl version of the album has some exclusive coloured pics of that same photo
session. I have seen those pics and I can say that those spaghetti look quite yummy ;)

A few public mentions to some sinisterites: to miss Nal Townley (who never writes here),
mr. Matthew Henderson (he does write) and mademoiselle Karo Tremblay, who visited Spain
and came to the Benicassim festival. Also to miss Annie Tremp, Rocio "la estrellita
temblorosa y azul" Aton and that tall guy who owns JULE THE DOG (and is named Olivier),
who I met in Belgium, witnessing yet another fascinating Tindersticks gig.

My best wishes for you all !

Jordi

(formerly known as Jordiet Sinistre)

For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.