Sinister: Hello, I'm new, and being new is uncomfortable.

Lesley Katzen lekatzen at xxx.com
Tue Oct 14 19:19:07 BST 2003

Oh me, oh my.
I had written this wonderful introduction email and
it's gone all gone.

Needless to say this one won't be quite as long, but
eh, just don't feel it second time around.
I'm Lesley, I have been "given a voice".
I have just seen the trailer for the DVD, I got all
teary eyed, no lie (though it may have something to do
with what they refer to as pre-menstrual syndrome).

I'm going to the Boston show again this year, too
excited.
When I had first met the man a bit more than a year
and a half ago and we rambled on about Belle and
Sebastian on the way home from dates stuck in the back
of his 1986 Dodge 600, cigarettes constantly
smoldering, a mass of bare appendages we thought the
most wonderful thing at that time (besides our
overwhelming sexual fervor for each other) was our
love for the band.
He was going to the show (last year) with a friend, I
was going with a friend.
Turns out his friend (very dramatic) was a 58 year old
frontman of his band who was head over heels with him
and would not acknowledge me.
Turns out my friend Jenna and I had seats directly
behind them, heartbreaking.
All has been sorted out everybodies friends are
friends and the child catcher has been instructed to
"get over it"...which he seemingly has.

This year I have 8th row. lucky me.
Though I won't run into the late running Isobel and
her silver cello case in the lobby I suspect...as she
seems busy busy busy.

Not in love with the new album, too crisp,
overproduced. Waiting for a Stuart solo, a throw back
to Sinister (the record).
May wait forever.
Keep having to reminding myself it's still the band,
even if it isn't the greatest album.

Anyhow hola!
I'd love to make the picnic before the show this year,
wondering what the plans are.

ML,
Lesley