Sinister: every day between 1 and 2 i want to be in the park with you

Hugo Johan <12813249 at xxx.za> Hugo Johan <12813249 at xxx.za>
Tue Oct 14 20:12:56 BST 2003

hi there all

mmh, isn't the weather lovely here? but then its spring... (<shares evil cackle with rest of scantily-clad southern hemisphere>) actually wait (suddenly remembering i'm single) why's spring a good thing? it can be no accident that in my language loins ("lende") and spring ("lente") only differ by one letter...

but that's not at all what i wanted to talk about. i've been meaning to write for ages, but just haven't got round to it, not that it matters, i think. besides, i've been waiting for the new album (but since we only got the STROKES album in stores at the beginning of THIS year, i'm really not holding my breath!) but the duke mentioned isobel, and i've been dying to find out, but no-one's mentioned it: is there still some cello around on DICKYWUSS? i've always loved the cello bits, and i'd hate it if they lost that part of their sound - as for the rest, well, sofar it all sounds good to me!
the duke ALSO said the gentle waves albums were terrible... mmh, not sure i agree with that. a bit patchy maybe, but there were some GRATE tracks on both, and sometimes i even (almost, but never quite) fancied 'bel as a better lyricist than stuart. still, good to know her new album makes even the sceptics smile...
ALSO that fount of neverending wisdom, the D.o.H. said he's going to prepare his list for the TAPE-TREE! hah! aren't you all sorry now you've missed the boat? i'm SOOOO(and almost OOO too) excited!

stay well, stay loose

love

JohaN

ps. there was a little paragraph in the local newspaper today describing trevor horn in glowing terms, in a review of the new seal album, which he has also (i almost wrote "almost"... mmh, very freudian, perhaps?) produced, all about him being able to "get things out of artists they themselves didn't even know they possessed" and the like. i was going to post it, but seem to have lost it somewhere... oh bugger it anyway.