Sinister: Band informatioooon, wrapped up in texts.

The Hodottir hodottir at xxx.com
Mon Oct 20 13:30:25 BST 2003

'Morning Sinisters

I thought I'd sent this email on Friday, but it hasn't shown so I guess
something went wrong... I hope this email doesn't read like it's the second
time I've written it.

I think I started out by saying that I seem to living in a Belle and
Sebastian world at the moment - everywhere I turn there is another
reference. And no, I don't care a jot!  They *do* deserve it.  I'll go so
far as to say I think DCW is the strongest album yet, and I don't know how I
lived without Stuart's marvellous vocal twists and key changes in stonkers
like 'If she wants me', If you find yourself...' and 'Stay loose' - it's
like he's reborn!

On that note, I'd like to transcribe a text message exchange I had recently
with my friend Dave, who lives in Glasgow. It all began with the usual 'how
r u?' and 'can't w8 2 see you @ xmas' stuff, then this:

Dave: guess who was in my kitchen drinking tea?  Stuart Murdoch from Belle
and Sebastian

Me: What?! Really?  how?  HOW?!

Dave: and he invited me out to a posh italian restaurant. had to decline of
course, football was on the telly but told him another time

Me: You did WHAT?  Are you MAD?

Dave: Nah, [name withheld to protect the innocant] my flatmate from brittany
is translating a song into french for him and I reckon he's trying to get
into her pants

Me: [faint]

So there you have it. A new, french B&S song? Our Stuart in alleged
tea-drinking/chat-up scenario?  Dave (the Rave - as he's known) in
I'd-rather-watch-the-footie shock?!  I call him a fool for declining the
kind offer of dinner, but I'm not surprised: he really does love the 'Gers.

Last time I tried to post this, I also added a bit about 'Piazza, New York
Catcher' possibly containing references to John Fowles' 'The Collector' (I
will be your Ferdinand and you may wayward girl etc), but I'm not quite as
sure about that as before.  Anyone have any better ideas?

'Fans only' comes out today and I *still* don't have a DVD player - argh!

See you in Richer Sounds
Lorraine x