Sinister: Durham NC Sinister Meatup!

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Sat Oct 25 15:58:46 BST 2003

Que: BBQ! North Carolina Sinister Meatup!
Time: Afternoon & early evening before the Durham Belle & Sebastian Show on
Monday the 27th
Place: GayJay's. (E-mail him jayeckard at hotmail.com for directions.)
Reason: PULLED PORK.

Ahem.

I plan to make that the header of all my Sinister posts until the event. Not
that I plan to harass Sinister with five posts a day until Monday or that
all of NC Sinisterines are going to form a coup on this list. But it's going
to be on Sunday at noon so act surprised.

The meetup will be right after I'll be meeting the band for the first time
(thanks to GayJay - kiss, kiss) so I'll try to brush up against Stuart with
my shoulder or something. Then, I'll let people touch my shoulder (for just
a dollar!) See, doesn't that sound fun? I can tell you want to come already.

Now, onward with content(ish)!

It's hard to believe that the same group who once crooned out The Boy With
The Arab Strap and Seeing Other People - the latter of which I played once
in the car and my sister said, "Laura, why are we listening to a song about
gay men having sex?" See, Belle and Sebastian used to be a source of family
bonding! - are now popping out clean unsmutty lyrics like an easybake oven.
The closest allusions we get are things like "You Don't Send Me" which
according to Feather Boa's blog means "you don't turn me on." Then rask
revealed that "Bunking off though you're a toff' means playing truant even
though your posh which dashed all my hopes of the latest album having a
masturbation reference. Oh c'mon! like bunking off didn't sound SLIGHTLY
SMUTTY to you.

All I wanted is for "Step Into My Office Baby" to be a little reminescent of
the movie the Secretary. Is that so much to ask? I suppose so. Though the
line, "I've been pushing for a raise. I've been pushing now for days" does
give a girl a little hope. And that's all I ususally need - a little hope.

xo,
Ll

PS - GayJay is the picnic mummy. However, if you have any questions or want
to be convinced in to coming then you can e-mail me too.