Sinister: bunking 'til the break of dawn

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Sat Oct 25 22:09:35 BST 2003

pulling pork 'n gettin' it awn.

there's an O.C. marathon on tv. i'm going to go watch it and undo all
the french i learned in class this morning. it's like the opposite of
neurobics*.

well, i've gotten over my blushing at gayjay's fondness for me/my
crushable email stylings. his kind words along with some other nice
emails and some recent compliments on my hair did serve to brighten
my spirits. not that they were darkened, but they were dulled. and
for that i blame The Month of October. which i'm glad ends with a
bang at least with the best non-holiday holiday, Halloween! yes,
that, thanksgiving, crisp autumn air, and all the sweet, lovin'
libras are what save october. okay, so maybe it's not such a bad
month after all. and, well, it's loads better than boring november,
eh?

there's a coldplay concert on cbc radio right now. do i like
coldplay? am i too lazy to put a cd on instead? well, i have been
known to listen to radio things like the extend-o mixes of german
operas and what appears to be the cbc's endless supply of cape breton
fiddling music. lazy? somewhat intrigued? into pain-derived pleasure?
i'm not so good at giving answers.

and also, people keep telling me that i would/should listen to/like
The Weakerthans, but so far i've just been weirdly unmotivated to
even download a song or borrow cd from someone. i've heard them
played at people's houses, but never really paid to much attention
(b/c it seems that whenever i'm at people's houses there's a lot of
talking. and beer. and then someone gives me gin and i get all
"what's *this* we're listening to? is it the eagles? is it alabama?"
and it always turns out to be, like, the alman brothers. ah, no it
doesn't, but it'd be funny if it did. i should probably stop drinking
gin.)

anyway, i have a ticket for the dirtbombs show! whoo! i feel like i
need to stop being hyped about it b/c what if it disappoints? yeah,
i'll just play it cool. just like i'm playing it cool about the le
tigre show and the julie doiron/damien jurardo/rosie thomas show.
yep, totally ultra-seude cool about all that. just like you're all
cool and not jumping up and down about the upcoming belle & sebastian
shows.

damn though, i really do want to jump up and down in anticipation of
seeing b&s... there aren't any good seats left for the toronto show
and i'm not paying $50 plus train fare for "limited visibility"
seating. i'd prefer the north carolina show really, what with all
those cool kids and their pork-pulling antics.

okay, i have to pay attention to the regional music hour now.
robyn

*hahahaha. i heard this word on the radio a couple days ago. now i
can't stop picturing my neural synapses in spandex thongs, hot-pink
tights and black legwarmers.

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Montreal, QC