Sinister: bunking off? yeah maybe?

anders anders at xxx.com
Sun Oct 26 12:25:26 GMT 2003

sinister,

hmm.
what have i done today?
oh yes, i woke up.
took a look at my watch and it was nine. why do i wake up at nine on a sunday?
why?

nine? sunday?

i deserve to be able to sleep longer than that.
on monday, tuesday, wedensday, thursday and friday, every week i have to get up at 06.20. every day.
evry week from now until july sometime, except the holidays, but hey, that's four weeks, or five, in all. they don't really matter.
and because of this i feel that i should get more sleep in the weekends. why shouldn't i?
i fall asleep late. i do things that should make me tired. i should sleep forever. but i wake up at nine.
nine! how many hours of sleep is that?
in this case, 8 or so, i guess. and i need more sleep than that. i hardly sleep the days i have to go to school. i should sleep all weekend. but i don't.
and it's not that my body says "oh, don't worry, you don't need to sleep more than this!", it knows i do.
it's being cruel. "let's see how long this guy survives without sleeping". the bastard is laughing with his evil friends, i'm sure.
"my boy hasn't been sleeping propoerly for weeks. ha ha"
oh, you just laugh.
idiot.

but i'm not complaining.
oh no! how could i?
even though it was tough to come down to eat my breakfast and my mum said "are you up already? it's only 8"
"8? no it's 9."
"no. it's 8"
and, of course, she was right. they always are. mums.
it's quite a nice idea to give the world an extra hour when the winter is coming closer. "i know things are getting darker and mother nature looks sad. but, hey, you'll be alright. here's an extra hour!"
thanks. i appreciate it. but when it comes in the weekend it sort of disappears.
maybe if i manage to make my body believe that i have to get up at six on sundays too, i will be able to sleep until eleven?
that would be wonderful. but how do i do that.
do you know that sinister?

hmm. things could be far worse though.
see, my mum is up at five. she's not able to sleep any longer. mums.

but i'm not that tired. i yawn a bit, sure. but i still have energy to be constantly happy.
things are going my way.

i'm sure no one will remember, but i started at a new school this year and it's great.
and i sing in this big choir. Duke Ellington. so jazzy.
and i'm a part of the school revue.
and everyone in my class are nice. which is the nicest of course. and i look forward to go to school every day. even the bus ride in the morning.
well, this monday can be slightly...well.
we have maths all day.
yawn.

but the drama days i'll have on wedensday, thursday and friday makes up for it. three days we have, our group. and the result are to be a play about sri lanka.
"sri lanka? why on earth did you choose sri lanka?"
oh, we didn't. it's because we had a day where we all worked. every student in norway spent one day working instead of going to school and all the money were given to an organisation, and this year we supported sri lanka. that's why.

quite nice thing to do.
it's done every year.

but now i’ve lost it totally.
what was it i was supposed to talk about.
yeah,  it was what i've done today.

because after i'd eaten breakfast it was still 8.30. and most teenagers were still asleep.
i, on the contrary, started cleaning my room.
why did i do that?
why the hell?
i had to do some shallow cleaning yestertday and my mum was pleased. why did i then wash, clean, tidy my room when i didn't have to?
i did every nook of every cabinet.
yes, in there as well.
and as i did this i listened to camera obscura, lucksmiths and belle & sebastian.
oh, and kissing book.
and as i reached the end it occured to me:
i'm too....
....anti-riot

understand?

-i'm sixteen.
-i did not drink anything last night.
-i got up at eight.
-i cleaned my room.
after i'd
-made my own breakfast.
-tea and toast.
and as i did this i listened to
-music even my mum thinks is good.

not very riot.

and this is typical.

i have to do something cruel. like what my body is doing to me when it comes to sleeping. makes me tired only when i can't sleep. i need something like that to do. but i don't know what.
and now i listen to tigermilk.
and I fancy some tea

i tried at the end of the cleaning to listen to riot music and the best i found was oasis.
definitely maybe.
i played it really loud and tried to be pissed off. but i had to smile.

you can't pretend to be a troubled teenager, a boy, while finishing the cleaning of your room at eleven in the morning.
you can't.

back to camera obscura, for me.
and the water and the soap and the dust.
oh, the dust is gone by the way.
and i found lots of things from years ago that i taped on the wall.

see, i have to do something.

a piece of advice sinister?

well, it could have worse i guess.
i could have been the opposite.

anders.

ps. when I for once actually mail to the list i can ask if there are any other norwegians out there?
hello? anyone? i saw one on the bus with a b&s badge the other day. you aren't here are you?
hello?

pps. i’m thinking that maybe i shouldn’t buy the dvd. it would be such a perfect christmas present.