Sinister: lights out!

Brian Hess hessb at xxx.edu
Tue Oct 28 17:49:00 GMT 2003

Hello all,

What an interesting few days this has been!  This weekend was the
Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship's Fall Conference (formerly known as "Big
Love", but changed cos that was "too feminine or something".  I dunno, I
wasn't complaining about the guy/girl ration...).  But it was splendid,
speaker guy who told all kinds of hysterical jokes about being young and
stupid and then even better stories about being old and wise.  Funny how his
stories were strangely similar to stories of Jesus...well he was good at
relating things.  And anyway, it was all cosmic and beautiful and we had an
honest-to goodness DANCE afterwards which featured me shaking my "groove
thang" and trying to sing "Living on a Prayer" far too late into the
evening.

As for B&S, I got a chance to perform on my college's "late-night talk show"
(quite fond of those quotes today, actually), and in the interview they
asked me my influences.  I said, "um, you know, like, radiohead, and belle
and sebastian..." at which point the one host cut me off and said, "How
about country?"

Welcome to central pennsylvania, folks.

But things are looking up, thanks especially to the kind soul who
volunteered to give me a ride to the Philly show.  I felt all
warm-and-fuzzy-like.  I do think I've managed to convince one of my friends
to take me.  She, however, has very little idea what is in store for her...

Brian