Sinister: A FIRE!!! I can warm my hands!

Rachel fruitloop-Apps blind_lisa at xxx.com
Tue Oct 28 20:57:54 GMT 2003

Hello Sinister,

Like Idles and Paul said, 25 is such a turning point in the way of
age. Ben also just had to tick that "old people" box in a survey he
took the other night because he is 25. He shouted out "Oh no"! Now
that I am one year away from 30, I feel very young.  But at 25 I felt
like Oldie Olderson.  My baby sister will be 25 in May. That is such
a BIZARRE thought to me. There's no way she's nearly 25, I am only 22
at heart... but I am really very excited to be entering my thirties.
It's the decade to kick ass.

YOU'RE A DISASTER... It was bad enough that the public transit bus
employees and major supermarket employees were on strike. Now
everything is on fire and freeways are closed, too. Ben and I are
living in an area of Southern California that, luckily, isn't close
enough to any mountains that are on fire to be evacuated. This
morning, we went out to the car and it was covered in ashes. And the
sky is dark and smoky and we could see flames off in the distance
yesterday. They say this is the worst firestorm in Califorina's
history. My theory is that it's karmic payback for electing Arnold
Schwarzenegger for Governor. We're going to make a FIRE mixtape with
all songs on the subject of fire. It's probably a good thing that B&S
aren't returning to Southern California on this tour... especially
with Stuart's chest infection - our chunky air wouldn't go down well
at all.

I said to Ben last night how funny it is to think back to 10 years
ago. When the devastating Northridge earthquake happened I was 19, I
thought of what possessions I have that I wanted to save if we were
evacuated.  Suede Memorabillia! Now, I can't really think of what I'd
try to save... my computer maybe, depending on the time factor.  But
I see my priorities are vastly different than they were when I was
ten years younger.

I still don't have the Fans Only dvd.  I was going to buy the British
format and just watch it on my computer. I have watched it once and
it was FANtastic! I really should just get it. It reminds me of
watching a great moving B&S scrapbook, too. Ben said he's going to
preorder the US version. So it's gonna be in my hot little hands soon
enough!(*insert vision of me vigorously rubbing my hands together and
bellowing "mwaah-haaaah-haaaah-haaaa!")

I am sad that Ben and I won't be able to go to Austin Texas to see
B&S this weekend. Y'all Report Back now, ya hear!

Happy Halloween!
love,
Rachie fruitloop-Apps

P.S. I didn't mention KEN CHU once in this post.