Sinister: too late then

Joseph Vess josephvess at xxx.com
Wed Oct 29 17:38:45 GMT 2003

I see Laura just wrote in about the Atlanta and Durham shows, rendering the
reason I began to write this post moot. [coughs nervously] Cheers, Laura! But
it's too late to turn back, and maybe I'll never think of something else to
say, so I'll just delete the first paragraph I wrote and start partway through.

So I'm Joe, and just recently out of the nursery, and only a day away from
seeing Stuart et al for the first time, here in Chicago. I'm quite excited
about it really. The last time they were touring in a place where I could have
seen them was in 1998, in Chicago. I'd just bought TBWTAS as a present for
someone, but for some strange reason I decided to open it and listen to it
myself. Of course I kept it. Maybe I didn't get this person anything. Oops.
Then I saw they were playing in Chicago, but it was only a couple of days later
and the show was sold out, and I was a broke student anyway.

So again, I'm very excited to see them. It's been Scottish music week as Travis
played last night, quite a rousing show. I often wonder if it's a bit of a
letdown for bands that are big in the UK to play here. Travis, a band that has
played Glastonbury and T in the Park, playing to about 1500 in their only
Chicago show. A few years back the Manic Street Preachers were here, and they
played in an even smaller venue. I think maybe you get more hardcore fans that
way.

Damn, I'm excited. Hope we'll have a proper report from the Chicago show as
well.

cheers,
Joe

=====