Sinister: The other side of the Coin, or "A Sort of International Cult, really"

Jay Eckard jayeckard at xxx.com
Thu Oct 30 19:51:03 GMT 2003

My dear Sinisterenes:

Miss Llew llamented (and isn't it a pity I couldn't fit in 'llama' there
somewhere?) she didn't have her set list for the Durham show.
Cause she left it in my car, you see. I found it last night.

She appeared over the horizon that Monday like the sun at dawn, beautiful,
awesome and blinding. After dropping off a few things in my house, we
skipped over to the Carolina Theater in downtown Durham. Lovely place. We
were there to interview the band, you see. We sat around for a while,
waiting as they set up the stage, till we finally met Mr Stevie Dreads. Then
we waited some more.
Then we got to interview Richard. Eventually. We were in one of the dressing
rooms, mooching around as Richard got coffee. We found a /conversation pit/!
You know, one of those circular couches with the raised middle from the 60s.
In 60s green/yellow paisley! Just like in Jeannie's bottle in I Dream of
Jeannie.
Anyway, as we were oohing and awwing, I saw Laura staring at some one. Wee
Chris Geddes had come in and was staring at Laura. And she was staring back!
There were trying to stare each other down! Of course, Laura won and without
a word Beans ran off back to wherever he being wee previously. But from time
to time throughout the interview, he'd peep back in a throw evil glances at
Laura's back.
(Didn't hear that in her post, now did you?)
The interview itself was quite lovely. We talked for a long time and Richard
was both charming and informative. I asked about masturbation references,
Laura Bush and Dr Who. Hopefully, next week you can read the transcipt on
Friends of the Heroes and hear the edited version on WXDU. The quote above,
by the way, was his comment on Sinister. Apparently we also use it for
international sexual highjinks. If this is so, I am missing out, yo!
As we were skipping out, Miss Sarah Martin was walking in. I jogged up to
meet her and said a few words of support and encouragement. It was quite
lovely. And this I say, is the official history, despite whatever scurilous
rumours one might hear.
We then retired to mine for a Shindig. There was cheap beer and roasted meat
products and fudge. Laura ended up in my bedroom with a boy named Ben, going
through my personal effects (And this is a Great Book, too! Here's a cool
CD!) Who says Porn Stars don't move fast.
But i can't be critical: her help was nigh invaluable in building the grill
and finding the theater.
Then we went to the show. It was, of course, lovely and ran something like
this:

"Some instrumental number -- Judy is a Dickslap?"
Expectations
Step into My Office Baby
Wrapped Up in Books
SLOW GRAFFITI!!
I'm a Cuckoo
Women's Realm
Travelling Light
Beautiful (where he pulled out the lyrics -- JE)
Dylan in the Movies (Stance like a surfer)
Stars of Track and Field
Dirty Dream No 2
Asleep on a Sunbeam
Mike Piazza
Dear Catastrophe Waitress
Jusy and the Dream of Horses
Roy Walker
Sleep the Clock Around
You're Just a Baby

There is the curious parenthetical statement about surfer above, and also
this added to "Judy" : "Drums break, Stu cusses like a sailor,even though it
was last night he was dressed as a pirate."
I feel from this document in her own hand, we may gain critical
understanding of the Llew and her writinf process.
Anyway, after we popped over to the James Joyce, had a beer and popped home,
since the clientele there was extremely sexual ambiguous and scary.

Bye!

GayJay
--
"The Posby falls into a Trance