Sinister: Stop coming to my house

Peter Crick sinkingpie at xxx.com
Mon Sep 1 21:51:09 BST 2003

So, long time, no post (not that I've ever really
posted all that much).

****Music****

I have recently begun buying CD's again - after a
large money shortage. Such delights as Godspeed you
black emperor and mogwai have made themselves properly
known to me. I also obtained the relatively new sigur
ros single (with enclosed DVD) which contains two
rather marvelous videos (and one i regard as being
slightly less good). Also, to my surprise, I found
myself enjoying Ryan Adams (very un-belle and
sebastian fan-like I know) although I have managed to
work out almost exactly who influenced him on every
song of the album.

On a different note (excuse the pun) I also recieved
an early birthday present of a new acoustic guitar. I
envisage this of being much use at university which I
will shortly be attending...

****University****

I have now been offered a place at the university of
nottingham. Any advice on gigs? I hear the rescue
rooms are good (camera obscura soon :-)) Is there any
form of nottingham massive for sinister folk?

****Girls and stuff (sorry)****

"Now I've been told that I can't be with the person I
love simply because we live apart"

I remember someone posting a while ago saying
something along those lines (seems like a lot of
effort to find the exact quote, sorry). I am now
afraid that I will be told the same thing tomorrow.
Perhaps I shouldn't be so pessimistic, and perhaps if
she does say that she'll be right, I don't suppose I
really know. I do know that I like her though. A lot.

Anyway, I shall leave you there.
Peter

"Music begins where philosophy ends"
(someone who used to lecture at Cambridge in the 17th
century)

PS. The subject quote is of course the name of a
mogwai song, seemed appropriate.