Sinister: schooling's made a fool of me

Ann Foreyt ann_septimus at xxx.com
Sun Sep 7 18:44:54 BST 2003

Hello, Sinister-

I know I don't write very often, but I have a question for you now, so I
hope it's alright that I'm using this forum.  So, ummm, *clears throat and
shuffles* here goes:

Next year I want to (am dying to) study abroad, in the UK.  My school does
offer a program that could send me to Oxford, but a lot of my friends are
going to do that and as much as I love them all, I don't want to fly across
an ocean to see the same people on campus.  I want to be able to strike out
on my own - find a school, find a life independently... and see them on
weekends and holidays.  Also, the idea of joining an exchange 'program'
doesn't exactly appeal to me, as I would rather just integrate myself into
the community... by myself.

Yes, Oxford would be a dream (Sebastian Flyte!  Charles Ryder!), but I know
that a lot of you have had various experiences with a myriad of Scottish and
British colleges and I was wondering if any of you have any words of wisdom.
  How are University of Edinburgh and University of Glasgow?  My major is
biology and the subjects that I love are microbiology and English, both lit
and creative writing (painful juxtaposition, I know... double majoring is
NOT working).  As you can see, I'm rather aiming towards Scotland (no there
WOULDN'T be a reason for that heh heh heh heh), but anywhere in England is
still open.

So, yeah... if any of you lovely people could help me out at all, I would be
forever indebted to you.

merci~

Ann

AIM:  quiet faery kid