Sinister: May I Propose a Post?

terry underwear terryunderwear at xxx.com
Tue Sep 9 09:52:57 BST 2003

INTRODUCTION
hello everyone,

LITERATURE REVIEW
i've been thinking of writing to sinister for a while, but circumstances have conspired against me.  well in truth I've just been too lazy, but I prefer a lame excuse to the truth anyday.  I have been enjoying the plethora of perfect posts lately, especially those of Mr Robin Stout.  I know I'm not the only one on sinister who thinks he's a bit of alright.  A big bit of alright at that.

>the lovely Miss Trixie Firecracker said:
>Actually Laura, did I ever mention to you that I wear >glasses sometimes... /me bats eyelashes

I wear glasses sometimes too Laura!  And having seen Trixie's eyelashes, I can confidently say that mine are much longer and sexier.  Not that Trixie's eyelashes aren't perfectly lovely...

METHOD
I purchased a Hello Kitty badge maker a couple of months ago, and after a few initial dramas (ie plastic bit snapping) I ended up making about 120 badges.  Today I packed up my pin-up board and headed on down to the uni markets to sell my wares.  About an hour had passed and there wasn't a whole heap of badge selling going on.  In fact there was no badge selling going on.  This may have had something to do with he fact I was listening to a discman, reading a book, looking scared, and not really getting into the whole customer service thing.  But then inspiration came via satellite - twas a text message from the lovely Miss Helen, suggesting I raise the corners of my mouth and show my teeth to customers.  After a few mishaps (customers seemed to be scared when I showed them my fillings), I soon learnt that a slight uprising of the lips does wonders.  At exactly 10:20 a likely looking boy wandered over to my stall, his lapel resplendent with badges.  This boy is going to pay f!
 or
my lunch I thought to myself.  Unfortunately he refused to buy me lunch, not even a coffee, but he did buy FIVE badges.  I was overjoyed - hours of flicking through my old Select's looking for nice badge pictures had paid off.  Well kind of.  Over the next couple of hours I sold about 20 more.

At 12 RTR-FM (local Perth radio station who play good music) started broadcasting from the markets, and they commented on air about the bored looking boy selling badges and CD's.  Seizing the opportunity I went over and requested Le Pastie de la Bourgeoisie, and they put it on and funly made fun of my lack of customers.  Unfortunately the song didn't have the effect I had hoped for, namely everyone stopping what they were doing and dancing, but Helen (who had joined me for lunch) and I got to nod our heads for a few minutes.  Plus I got some free advertising from the lovely RTR folk.

Business was a little slow for the rest of the day, but I ended up selling around 30 badges for a grand profit of $48.90.  Which ain't so bad.

RESULTS
Thanks to all those Oz Tape X-Changers, I hope everyone has received their tape/CD.  If y'all let me know that you're interested in Round 2, say the word and I shall draw arrows connecting people on a piece of thin white cardboard.  If anyone else in Australia or New Zealand wants to join in the fun just say the word and you too will have an arrow pointing to your name on the aforementioned piece of thin white cardboard.

DISCUSSION
As Perth is currently being graced by the presence of Miss Marianna, it only seems right that there should be some kind of event ending in nic.  May I propose a pubnic this Friday (the 12th), maybe followed by some bowling action?  Let me know Perth people.

CONCLUSION
love,
terry