Sinister: take me out to the sinister ball game

stacey dahling dahling007 at xxx.com
Thu Sep 11 13:49:44 BST 2003

hey guys and dolls
behavin?
i don't know about you, but i've spent way too much of my summer indoors.
and now, as it fades into autumn once again and the nights become longer and
the days become colder and leaves fall and rot in smelly heaps, i'm all
'let's do something!' you know?
my co-conspirator in all things american has returned - yipppeeee! - so now
i can finally organise a proper baseball game.
YUP! forget the footie for a moment - the great american pasttime will be
making its official glasgow debut! well, disregarding my last lame attempt
to get a few people together with bat and ball (good practice, eh?), and the
rumoured indie all-star games of yore, of which i was not a part.
so grab your best athletic apparel and ugliest trainers, glasgow sinister
massive, and meet me at BELLAHOUSTON PARK on SUNDAY at TWO O'CLOCK. that
even means you, shy lurker who has not yet managed to infiltrate the
woodside. and bring a friend or two. it's about time we expanded our
horizons and met new people.
i'll provide the bat and some balls - soft ones so you need no glove to
catch. i recommend bringing water and a hat and sunscreen. don't worry if
you're not the fittest, nor if you've ever played before. our out-of-shape
clueless shenanigans will be half the fun!!! even if you ultimately decide
not to play, bring a blanket and some pom poms and maybe some potato salad
or something and support your favorite team.
if you need directions, or to get my mobile number so you can find us or
whatever, email me off list. email me anyway to say if you're coming, or
just to say hello. i haven't spoken to many of you in a long time.
hope to see loads of you there.
and hell, even if you're not in glasgow, maybe you can organise your own
games. baseball=fun.
bye bye!

-stacey