Sinister: Ex-Sinister boy, New York Tabber

trixie firecracker trixiefirecracker79 at xxx.com
Fri Sep 12 02:49:40 BST 2003

Dear Sinister,

Though I feel slightly naughty, I have been listening to the new Belle & Sebastian album for the past few days. This is not normal behaviour for me. Usually I like to wait for the official release -- when I am able to hold the cd/record in my hands, artwork and all -- before listening to a new album in its entirety*.

I plead temporary insanity in this case, as the illegally-downloaded-and-burnt-onto-a-cd copy was forced upon me by a cute chubby Jewish boy with an American accent. I can't say no to accented boys, especially Jewish ones.

I don't know how many others have been naughty too, but I hope you are all enjoying it as much as I am. I have been waking up in the mornings with 'Wrapped up in Books' stuck in my head. A totally brilliant way to start the day. That bit where Stuart sings "I will wrap my arms around you" with Sarah harmonising, and then when Stevie chimes in... phwor! Makes me swoon every time.

On an entirely different note: We all know how much indie kids and hipsters in general love Pirates and Ninjas**, but are you aware that there is an INTERNATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY? That's right! And it's NEXT WEEK! http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Arrr me hearties!
trixie.x

*And of course I shall be running down to JB Hi Fi to purchase DICKYWUSS the day it is released.

**And now ZOMBIES too. Zombies are the new Pirates and Ninjas you know. (I am sure you do know.)

P.S. The aforementioned American boy (a former Sinisterine himself) has asked me to send you all this guitar tab for 'Piazza, New York Catcher'. So here it is.

Belle and Sebastian
Piazza, New York Catcher from Dear Catastrophe Waitress
tabbed by jw - mysterysquad at letterboxes.org

Unsure about a lot of the lyrics here. Questionable lyrics in parenthesis.

Intro
F#

F#                                                    B                   F#
(elope with me in private) and well sail around the world
G#m                                                    D#m
i would be your ferdinand and you my wayward girl
G#m                                          C#
how many nights of talking in motel rooms can you take?
G#m                                                 C#
how many nights of limping round on pagan holidays?
     B                                                   D#m
oh elope with me in private and we'll set something ablaze
   G#m            C#         D#m
a trail for the devil to erase

F#                                         B                            F#
san francisco's calling us the giants and mets will play
G#m                                             D#m
piazza new york catcher are you straight or are you gay
G#m                                       C#
we hung about the stadium we got no place to stay
G#m                                           C#
we hung about the tenderloin and tenderly you tell
                B                                           D#m
about the saddest book you ever read it always makes you cry
   G#m                    C#              D#m
the statues crying too and willy mays

F#                                     B              F#
i love you (???) grip and your adoring face
G#m                             D#m
i love you my responsibility has found a (place)
G#m                                                   C#
besides you in strong mornings in the guise of gentle words
G#m                                                      C#
come wave upon me from your (family wasn't that absurd)
B                                                            D#m
youll take care of her i know it  you will do a better job
G#m           C#                 D#m
maybe but not what she deserves

F#                                                    B                     F#
(elope with me in private) and well drink ourselves away
G#m                                              D#m
ill taste the coffee houses and the (award certificates)
G#m                                          C#
a groovy suit to keep the feel of 1960s style
G#m                                                   C#
we'll comment on the decor and we'll help a passerby
          B                                           D#m
and at dusk when work is over we'll continue the debate
  G#m            C#                   D#m
in a bar (o bedroom virginal despair)

F#                                        B                     F#
the catcher hits for .318 and catches every day
G#m                                              D#m
the pitcher puts religion first then rest and holidays
G#m                                          C#
he goes into cathedrals and lies (prostrate) on the floor
G#m                                                         C#
he knows the drink affects his speed hes praying for a doorway
     B                                         D#m
back into the life he wants that confession of the bench
  G#m                 C#              D#m
life outside the diamond is a wrench

F#                                                    B                           F#
i wish that you were here with me to pass the dull weekend
G#m                                              D#m
i know it wouldn't come to love my heroine pretend
G#m                                                  C#
(ill lead a stepping from a stone) we love until this day
G#m                                           C#
we settle for another (tough like walk away rene)
      B                                              D#m
the sun upon the roof in winter will draw you out like a flower
    G#m            C#                  D#m
ill meet you at the statue in an hour x2