Sinister: Ok... I admit, I cheated

Belle & Sebastian Fan belle-sebastian at xxx.net
Fri Sep 19 03:18:45 BST 2003

Yes, that's right folks, I cheated... sort of.

With the near arrival of the highly anticipated (at least to me) Dear
Catastrophe Waitress, I have been doing some research (including the
Sinister List) as far as track list, etc.  I came upon the Amazon.com
website where you could pre-order DCW.  Now, who would want to pre-order
a CD from the web when it ships the day the CD is released?  I mean,
come on, that means you get the CD days AFTER release, right?  Well... I
found out not in this case.  Amazon.com had a special starting September
14th that allowed users to pre-order the CD and IMMEDIATELY after
ordering, allowed the purchaser to listen to the album IN FULL streaming
from online.  Now, I bantered back and forth with myself wondering
whether or not I want to hear songs before they were "officially"
released, but I just couldn't stand it any longer.  A day after I
learned of this special, I pre-ordered the CD and I haven't been able to
stop listening to the new album.

I recognize some of the songs from the Brooklyn, NY show in the States
(at which I proudly waited 6 hours outside the gates for a front
standing position, hehehe) and I am just as taken aback with hearing
them on the album than I was live.  For those of you that have more
patience than I, I applaud you.  B&S music cures my ailments and puts a
smile on my face no matter what external circumstances.  *hugs B&S*

Anyway, I also wanted this to serve as a hello to the list as I have
just been granted non-nursery status and look forward to corresponding
with you all and exchanging great B&S stories.  Thanks to Honey for
hosting a place where we can do that!

Sincerely,
Tim
belle-sebastian at insidemyhead.net

p.s. - Anyone that went to the Brooklyn show August 19th that happened
to talk to a couple from Norway and Israel, please drop me a line at the
above e-mail address.  I lost their e-mail and I'm hoping they talked to
someone else and maybe gave it to them as well.  Thank you!!