Sinister: Just give me an easy life, and a peaceful death

Madeleine McNeil mmcneil79 at xxx.com
Mon Sep 22 10:01:20 BST 2003

Dear Sinister,

I'm afraid the time has come for me to say goodbye and unsubscribe. It's not
you, it's me. And all that. See, since finishing university and starting my
new job (which is less a job and more a something else - a 'profession',
perhaps? - in that it makes me grumpy and tired and unable to concentrate),
my opportunity to be online has all but vanished. So, now, when I check my
email about once a week, I have a godzillion emails to go through, and I
feel permanently out of the loop. I haven't been in #sinister for ages
either, something that I'm sad about, but feel unable to actually do
anything about.

But, Sinister has meant the world to me. Meeting people, sharing stories and
misery around the globe, shameless slagging of bands, people, books..... I
got the chance to meet people who were as similar and as different to me as
to make them perfect, and drink copious amounts and dance to Kim Wilde and
all those things that make life all shiny and new.

I'm not quite sure which bits to pick out as the best, so I shan't pick out
any. And I may resubscribe anyway, when I'm a little more organised on the
work - life balance. Whatever the fuck that is.

Sinister is a very special phenomenon. Many thanks to Honey and Linda, who I
will continue to bother with text messages and pukingly-cute Christmas
cards.

I feel a bit foolish and overly wordsome, so I shall depart.

Thank you all for making Sinister as special as it is,

Much love

Madeleine xxx