Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V4 #1066

Will Porter willpie_00 at xxx.com
Tue Sep 23 22:13:46 BST 2003

Part 1 IN WHICH OUR HERO IS QUITE FOND OF YOUR UNDERPANTS
David Hewitt, I reckon I'm as old as you around here (i.e. just old
enough to have required someone to explain what Bowlie *was*, and then
wish impotently that I'd had the presence of mind to predict that such
a thing was going to exist and be right up my alley before I knew that
I liked that sort of thing), and I'd still shag you. Or at least kiss
you on the mouth if you hadn't left my country. And just after I'd
bragged to all your friends about how we'd tricked them out of you.
Talk about egg on America's face, I'll tell you what.
Is there anything Mark Casarotto can't do? Well, yes: he can't fool me
with that just-huddling-together-for-warmth routine again, that's for
damned sure.

Part 2 IN WHICH OUR HERO CAN'T REALLY THINK OF A HEADING FOR PART 2 AND
OOOOOH, SOMETHING SHINY OVER THERE
Have I already explained that I left behind the urban life for the
just-a-smidge-too-far-away-to-be-suburban life, complete with an
automobile. Turns out it's kind of dull out here. Fortunately, most of
the fury has subsided, and I'm confident that I won't go kabuki and
maim anyone, which was something I couldn't swear to when navigating
crowded subway terminals. Anyway, it's better for my ADHD out here. Not
so many distractions, I mean. Incidentally, that reminds me of
something: The other day when reading a magazine, I happened upon an
advertizement for a new ADHD medication that was Nicotine-based. It
struck me that all the ADD/ADHD people I know smoke, and I wondered if
maybe this was not some form of self-medication. Like depressives who
smoke pot. Or writers who drink. I can't decide if that's insightful, a
matter of adding the 2+2 in front of me, or ridiculous. Do any of you
know anything of these matters?

Part 3 IN WHICH OUR HERO NAME-DROPS THE PARROT YOU KNOW WHICH PARROT I
MEAN
Alright, who has it? Now that the oldsters are back in force, I think
someone better fess up to not having passed it on, or Laura Llew might
just throw the Sestina Weasel at you. I think it's a safe bet that
nobody wants that.

xo,
Will Porter (not the new Will at all, these days)