Sinister: dear, uncatastrophe poster

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Thu Sep 25 02:50:12 BST 2003

To all the people who bemoan the fact that the new Sinister posters don't
post like the old Sinister posters used to...I give you Astrid, so very
nearly not of the parish, but thank tweeness (or whatever denomination you
prefer) she still is.

Embrace the new, I say.

Astrid, girl. You need to write that world beating novel right now.

And to anyone who isn't quite as impressed as I, two words:

Second language.

And two more:

Funnier thanmostpeoplewhosefirstlanguageisenglish.

And I don't even know one Backstreet Boy from another, officer.

ps - did anyone else in the UK watch the documentary "The Other World Cup"
just now? Wasn't it just the most amazing documentary that's been on the TV
for like, um, years? I know we like an underdog over here, but still...two
underdogs battling it out! How exciting. Plus gorgeously shot, fantastic
recurring motif of the bouncing football, and amazing music.

If you missed it, the website is at http://www.theotherworldcup.com