Sinister: Offbeat 3/10 - promo night for DCW

Dr C Stride C.B.Stride at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 26 15:05:17 BST 2003

Hi all,
Just in case anyone doesn't know already the next Offbeat
on Friday 3rd October is a promo night for the new B&S album;
there'll be a free picture raffle (i.e. tickets will have
marginally-B&S-related pictures on them such as horses, pasties,
tigers, mayflys etc), and the winners will get all sorts of DCW
promo goodies - CD's, posters, videos, aprons (!?) And we'll be
playing a few tracks off the album too of course.

However the main reason for posting this is to advise anyone coming,
especially if you are trekking from afar, to get there early and queue up
- the first Offbeat of term sold out much more rapidly than we
expected, and with such goodies up for grabs and it being the Friday of
the first week proper of term, we're expecting this one to be even busier.
It could well be that if you're not in the queue before the doors open
you won't get in next week. Having to turn people away is the most horrible
thing about running the night, and we'd at least like to avoid having to turn away
deserving cases if possible...  :-((
Chris

* Offbeat *

an indiepoppunk night

Friday 3rd October, 9pm to 1am

@ The Raynor Lounge, Sheffield University SU, Glossop Rd, Sheffield
admission £3.00 on the door
includes free lollipops & stickers

playing classic leftfield indie, pop-punk, C86, new indiepop underground and lo-fi sounds from the likes of ...
Belle and Sebastian - Pavement - Interpol - Delgados - Smiths - Sonic Youth - Pixies - Bright Eyes - Mclusky - Polyphonic Spree - Ballboy - Wedding Present - Hefner - Raveonettes - Strokes - Manics - Dead Kennedys - Fall - Blur - Field Mice - Kenickie - Sleater Kinney - REM - Grandaddy - Joy
Division - Hives - Hidden Cameras - Stereolab - Nirvana - Pastels - Aislers Set - Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - Half Man Half Biscuit - White Stripes - Elastica - Super Furry Animals - Bis - Ash - Talulah Gosh - Futureheads - At the Drive-in - Helen Love - Idlewild - Dressy Bessy - British Sea Power -
Moldy Peaches - Ride - ...Trail of Dead - Jesus and Mary Chain - My Bloody Valentine - Yummy Fur - Eels - Sebadoh - Buzzcocks - Urusei Yatsura - Rezillos - Dandy Warhols - Shop Assistants ...
and many more

* more info' inc past playlists and admission details for non-students at
www offbeatsheffield com