Sinister: fat lad exam failure

John F. Monroe monroej at xxx.com
Fri Sep 26 21:00:06 BST 2003

a few days ago:

Mr Watson said: > Does anyone have the DVD yet

Mr. Jackson said:
No but I understand that one of the special features puts 20 minutes or so
between each song on the DVD, just like they used to be on stage, live, as
it was performed.

--------------------------

JJ, I really loved that.

Considering it looks like old folks week, I wanted to post something.

Where are the night owls who used to chat in #Sinister? I have run into a
few people who provided me a little information about those I asked about.
But the new kids didn't quite get into "Whell Of John" as I had hoped. Four
and a half years passes and my typing is even _worse_.  Come chat, I can
tell you how I almost died - twice!  That's my excitement for the past
half-decade.  That and finally The Fall came to Chicago-uh and didn't play
"Chicago Now!" the bastards! I just noticed one can sing "Oswald Defence
Lawyer" using the subject line...

and I visited Buster Keaton's Italian villa in Hollywood, it was in in the
middle of a restoration to bring back the glamor of the early 20th century.
I spent a day in the place where every star of the 20's and 30's came to
party; the sense of film history was heavy - and I got to talk to Leonard
Maltin and actor James Karen. I stood on the battlefields of Gettysburg;
watched dolphins at play off the shores of Georgia; was awed at the majesty
of the Smokey Mountains; saw a bald eagle sittin' on a highway sign; visited
the world's tiniest church; stepped into Mark Twain's octogon study and took
a photo of his typewriter; loved and lost.

 I should put on "America" by Simon and Garfunkel after all that, but it is
late and that means it is time for "AM Coast To Coast", hopefully it won't
be about ghosts.

-John