Sinister: Oops

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Fri Apr 2 21:37:38 BST 2004

My Dearest Sinistereens,

Myself and your surrogate list mum had the temerity to take a break in
deepest Yorkshire, and so the server at Miss Print's printing house
decided to throw a hissy fit and break in protest during my absence.
Thus the loss of Sinister web pages and probably your ability to post
to the list for a few days.  Sorry!  Should be all fixed now; well,
if this mail gets thru, it is.  At least it made me pipe up.

If you sent something, it might turn up in the next few hours/days as
it recovers, or it might not.  The list bounces so many offers from
Nigerian businessmen to invest in offshore diamond deposits these
days (mmm tempting) that I'd never be able to spot the genuine mails
amongst all the rest.  Wait a bit and resend, maybe.

Content: we watched the B&S DVD on holiday (for the first time) and
noticed that this very list is thanked by name in the video Lance
Bangs did for Dirty Dream #2.  I see this was mentioned before but it
was nice to see: aw.  For some reason this made me suddenly realise
that the list exists somewhere outside my own mind as well as inside
it, which is odd, like when you see a member of your family on TV,
waving and grinning and pulling faces behind a TV reporter's head
who's describing a horrific disaster.

We came back from hols to a dead goldfish (poor Kylie, anyone know
any good fish eulogies?) and an ill cat getting iller, bless her
little black socks.  No connection between the two events.  If anyone
knows how to pray for cats, say a little one for Shirley: she's named
after a Billy Bragg song, after all.  She won't last forever, but it
would be nice to know she had a bit longer.  The vet says she has an
enlarged heart: when I first heard that, it sounded like a compliment.
No-one needs to tell me Shirl has a big heart, but I didn't know it
was fatal.

Honey x