Sinister: wrapped up in booze

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 5 11:57:56 BST 2004

Despite all my confident predictions, the weather in Brighton on Saturday
was RUBBISH. But it didn't stop us from having a lovely time (who needs sun
when you have PUBS?)

And as if Monday mornings weren't painful enough, I have immortalised the
experience in song:

Wrapped Up In Booze

It was not that bright, up on Brighton Pier tonight
I could see out of the window of Horatio's bar
No one on the bumper cars
Beside four boys, I just don't know if they are up for
What I have in mind
If they are up for what I have in mind

Pimms is on the cards, but 'pork on chips' will be hard
But I never want to leave here
We've had an ice cube fight
Liz and Rob and Stefano
Ian, Ken and Robyn too
I wish I had nothing to do tomorrow
I'd drink tequila without any sorrow

I will drink some beer, just while we are sitting here
I will wrap my hands around it
I know it will be fine
We've got a karaoke bar
We didn't get wet, we didn't dare
Our aspirations, are wrapped up in booze
Our inclinations are guided by Chu

Summer's hastening on
I'm trying to get weather that isn't so shitty
But I've been incapable
I've been playing air hockey
We won on Millionaire
We didn't get wet, we didn't dare
Our aspirations, are wrapped up in booze
Our inclinations are guided by Chu

[repeat]

Er yeah. It might have been better if I'd actually remembered how the tune
went. But anyway, any Sinister picnic where you win £6, eat Liz's scones,
and have a Canadian for a whole afternoon goes down as a success in my book.

It was also a bonus to have the lovely Ian and Stefano as guests, since it
gave me an excuse to go shopping all day on Sunday and prove that we do
SOMETIMES get sunshine in Brighton.

I'm coming up to London next time though, where there's not so much chance
of being swept out to sea.

Archel xxx