Sinister: brighton roxxor

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 5 15:35:16 BST 2004

Sadly, the clouds failed to part over Sussex for the
umpteenth Sinister Brighton Beach & Booze Fest but
that didn't stop us having FUN.

Liz and I arrived fashionably late due to Other
Commitments.  No-one, however, is as fashionable as
the lovely Ian, who arrived immedately after us and
began stalking us down the hill from the station.  He
didn't have CHEESE SCONES though.

A brief pause in the pub with picnic mum Archel, Ken,
Stefano and RobynFromCanada was followed by a drizzly
trip to the pier where we sadly concluded that we're
all too grown up for fairground rides - especially rub
ones that you get on piers.  On the other hand, there
was a pub with a big screen that showed the same 5 pop
videos in a loop and KARAOKE next door that you could
hear in the bogs.  And PIMMS in JUGS.

As night fell, we retreated inland, via the chip shop,
to the more pleasant environs of THE CRICKETERS PUB.
Luckily, there were no actual cricketers present,
leaving people free to drink, talk about the Captain
Caveman and do unwise things with tequila (ie drink
it).

With tiredness and illness working at our systems we
left fashionably early.  waving goodbye to the south
coast, we returned, on a soopah-fast train, to the
smelly capital and the remainder of the scones.

Robster