Sinister: Struan Is My God

Krister Bladh kristerbladh at xxx.org
Wed Apr 14 17:35:56 BST 2004

I met a man today
And he told me something pretty strange
He said “Fold your hands child
You walk like a peasant”
So I took to riding buses through town

He’s not as literate as Lawrence
He’s not as cool as Morrissey
But the Smiths and even Felt are heading for a fall
Because Mr Murdoch’s the greatest of all

Stevie’s into country music
Richard has a steady beat
Stuart David’s staying in and he thinks it’s a sin
That the band has finally sold out

Chris is still as wee as ever
Mick blows the trumpet in style
Bel has left too, but Sarah’s staying true
To the cause of painting lines in schools

Bob is the new girlie favourite
But Stuart does not complain
He remebers he doesn’t love anyone
He’ll tell his secrets to his dog on wheels

They’re not just a modern rock band
They are the prophets of our time
Although it’s not 1995
Those words of Stuart’s still ring true

Boo to the record business
Too many people are in it for cash
While they are playing for the joy of giving
They’re not too competent but they’re great

This is not a modern rock song
This is just a sorry lament
I fear the end is near for our tender affair
But let’s hope their songs won’t stop anywhere

love from Chris

ps. see Modern Rock Song for melody.