Sinister: london picnic THIS WEEKEND...and other things..

jim taylor purpletrousers at xxx.com
Thu Apr 15 00:09:42 BST 2004

i don't know if ian being the insightful man (especially when i confide in
him so he doesn't have to be)
is setting me up on this, but in answer to his question:

"and what's the oddest lost thing you've ever found?"

i can but offer the lyrics to the rather lovely jam ballad, "English Rose"
which of course I'm going to type out for you and not just google "jam
lyrics english rose ". really. so errors are all my transcription and not
some random lyrics website. looks ok to me though.

and no it's not the song i lost (well possibly from my consciousness but
never from my sub.)
It's the meaning see. it's all in the song:

No matter where I roam
I will come back to my English rose
For no bonds can ever tempt me from she
I've sailed the seven seas,
Flown the whole blue sky.
But I've returned with haste to where my
Love does lie.
No matter where I go I will come back to my English Rose
For nothing can ever tempt me from she.
I've searched the secret mists -
I've climbed the highest peaks
Caught the wild wind home
To hear her soft voice speak
No matter where I roam
I will come back to my English Rose
For no bonds can ever keep me from she.

I've been to ancient worlds
I've scoured the whole universe
And caught the first train home
To be at her side.
No matter where I go
I will return to my English Rose
For no bonds, nothing and no-one can ever keep me from she

So, if you happen to know my inner psyche, which fair enough you don't as
I'm only just getting on the closest terms we have managed so far, you might
conclude i've had a universe-rearranging time and my paradigms have shifted
or something.

Either way she is yet to be inducted into the world of B&S beyond me telling
her "String Bean Jean is very small, 7-8 years old" [Fact] and that yes she
passed the Nick Drake test [a little sad that i may have invented it as a
joke, but again the F word applies], and as she likes him, she should like
them. i think she has some idea i am a not very good (cause i don't come
here often enough) interweb B&S nerdle.

That's right someone *might* be coming to the picnic who doesn't know B&S.
so no pointing or feeding with slightly mouldy sunblest bread. (#'the
children call him Bogey# - remember that any lyric spotters i loved that
song but don't tell anyone i still know all the words). talk to her
supernice and she'll respond in mandarin. rather than by throwing mandarin
oranges at you. i hope.

You following this? no, well never mind. come to the picnic on saturday as
detailed by Ian Annsummers  in the proceeding post
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/latest/msg00031.html and
tigermilking EIGHT PM TILL ONE AM IAN YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW and it'll all
make sense. http://www.undermybed.org/tigermilking/

and YOU might be doing your virgin dj set at the next tigermilking*
well maybe if you've supported a couple of these events. that's how it works
see. we all get to play at being cool :) and then give the badge back at the
end of the night as it is really rather heavy and onerous, and realise we're
actually very happy just being how/who we are thanyouverymuchandgoodnight.
except we're djs too now! woopeee. erm sorry.

with metta

 Jim x
(who actually doesn't wear any (or own any decent) purple trousers
whatsoever at the moment but is well up for any insightful tips form london
shopping fashionistas out there)

*unless you live a long way away in which case i owe you an apology and
possibly a pint as long as you don't all turn up at once. or at all in fact.
apart from a couple of you.

PS i need football it is officially good for my health. i once got a
postcard from Japan a dear friend telling me so. she was right. I don't have
one and may not get chance to get one. can anyone provide? i need football.
And ian can  make up utterly embarrassing stories about me when I'm playing,
which i think he'd be rather good at. there's your challenge lad.