Sinister: I shalt not listen to boringeth people

Astrid Wiezell dearpaperclip at xxx.com
Tue Apr 20 11:17:05 BST 2004

Yo Sinister!

  Yes, I, Astrid, have finally been given a voice on the sinister list!
Actually, I've had it for quite a while but not used it, oh shock. Since I
am known to send out totally meaningless posts about four times a day.
Almost. See. I can't help but lie, or exaggerate. Always. Damn.

   SO. I've been to Miami. It was nice in many ways, bizarre in some other,
and wonderful in others. However, seeing all the JOIN THE
ARMY!!!-commercials running all the time made me feel quite uneasy, and we
saw some of Bush's ads as well, dissing John Kerry. I don't know. Also, we
got stuck on QVC (home shopping channel) the first jet-lagged evenings, and
found ourselves wanting shitty-looking lamps and ugly moo-moo-like clothing.
urgh. But at least we got fuse, a channel with some good videos, we saw some
stuff we liked. After a while however, we started enjoying crap songs by
crap bands just because there really was no alternative.

  I bought two records, Snow Patrol - Final Straw (my life on a record,
basically. Hell, it is a truly lovely record!) and Nick Drake - Way To Blue
(An introduction to Nick Drake). Hell, that is also a truly amazing record
that i lurrrrrve, maybe because i am in lurrrrrve i think, and it makes
everything nicer.

   Yes. I will not talk about it here, because these things are stored and
people can see it on the internet, and that freaks me out quite a bit.

   today after my organisation and leadership class i stayed behind because
i was waiting for my friend, and my teacher and i, a very nice Scottish
woman, talked about Margaret Thatcher a bit, since I only knew people hated
her and never really had much knowledge of what she did, except the mine
strike in the 80s and that she was mean to the working class etc. etc. etc.
But it was a good discussion, i got reminded of the fact that thatcher's
called the iron lady, and then my teacher started thinking about this puppet
show where she would eventually dress more and more like a man. Anyways,
yes, it was interesting. Must know more. It's weird that people seem to hate
her so much, i mean prime ministers and power people in general are usually
super charismatic people who tend to, er,  i don't know, but not be called
the iron lady.

   I can't stop thinking about this certain boy that's become the object of
my lurrrrve thog, he's coming to Stockholm on Thursday, and we will rent a
movie and make dinner at my place. Shit, I almost sound like a grown-up, but
I really am not. I am as childish as ever, for instance me and my friend
always makes penis-jokes during our classes when we're supposed to listen,
and we break down laughing at least once a day because of, er, stupid
things. Dirty things, or, like... poo.

HAHAHA. I'm sorry. I just called her over and now we are harrassing fellow
classmates, just like it should be. Haha. Ahhh. The comforting feeling of
knowing you have another hour of nothing to do during class, or like they
call it; research.

   By the way, Scrubs is the best show ever, BECAUSE I AM JD! My favourite
episode is when JD is in the elevator, and he has to sing Kung fu Fighting
to himself, with complete moves. That is me.

  Ah I have to go, because everyone is harassing me now, and reallyl, it's
not that much fun.

   Lots of love and PLEASE send me e-mails. I hope I don't sound needy.

Ah, who are we kiddin' here, of course I am.
LOVE ME!!

Astrid x