Sinister: Pic-er-nicking, THIS SUNDAY!

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Tue Apr 20 13:07:32 BST 2004

Hello Sinister.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well here's the important bit:

NORTHERN ENGLAND PICNIC CHANGE OF DATE: It's now on Sunday.
Here are the final, confirmed and all-accomodating details of the Northern
England picnic:

WHERE: outside the front of the Minster, York, North Yorkshire (then moving
onto Museum Gardens, about 2 minutes walk away).
WHEN: 2pm, Sunday 25th April (Sunday wk 1 for the Uni contingent)
ME: tall, lanky, glasses; a feast of delights inside my bag. Mobile
07793711306
YOU: laden with bouze and other picnic accessories; upside-down badge for ID
purposes.

The grand title of Northern England is designed to attract not just the York
Sinister Massive, but also people from surrounding towns, cities and even
countries. How far is it from Manchester/Sheffield/Newcastle/Glasgow to
York? Not far, that's how far. C'mon!  So come on down. It'll be a treat, a
real treat.

So, see you on Sunday? Grand.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I went to a blues club the other week, appropriately called The Blues Bar,
on Kingley St in Soho. It kinda reminded me of YOU - I found it very
difficult to believe that I was the only Sinister person to have ever
stepped in the joint. It was great though; all scuzzy furniture and
fittings, and some old dude growling about how his baby left him and about
his toils with his woman. I noticed though that the most fun you can have
when watching blues is to look at the drummer just before the end of every
12-bar phrase. They all (in my limited experience) seem to love to pull a
face just at that moment when they break away from the rhythm and do some
crazy fill. My man at The Blues Bar did a great line in gurning just as he
rolled back into the start of a new verse or whatever - it was a joy to
behold.

Thinking about it, Richard from B&S has the facials of a frustrated blues
drummer, I suppose.

Anyway, that's all I can really think about at the moment. See YOU on
Sunday.

love

Asm.x

     "He's strictly a pain in the ass, but