Sinister: C, C, C, C, C, C, C is...

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Mon Apr 26 12:40:07 BST 2004

Hello Sinister!

Oh, I never write, I never phone, treat this place like a hotel, only show
up when I need me laundry doing, and only then because a twee Bob Hoskins
materialised from thin air to say "It's good to Sinister".

Talking of which, went to see Mum last night. They were wonderful. There was
a bit when                       they all had tiny handbells and rang them
off in a peal of noises while they were playing their other instruments. It
was like electronic coming to life! Magnificent. The venue was great too -
the Old Vic. Makes you wonder if Kevin Spacey was there, prior to taking his
pooch out for another early hours stroll.

A twee Bob Hoskins? What a thought.

So, yes, inevitably, I just wanted to mention that the next HDIF is this
Friday April 30th at the Canterbury Arms in Brixton. Our guest DJ is Amelia
Fletcher and she's promised an all girl set. Full details below. Please
please please come and support us in our new venue. The two nights we did
last year at the Canterbury were fantastic. If you know anyone who lives
south of the river and might like HDIF as a night out, please forward this
email to them. Thank you!

More info at http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Friday April 30th
The Canterbury Arms
8 Canterbury Crescent, Brixton, SW9 7QD, 9pm-2am, £3

Guest DJ is Amelia Fletcher (Heavenly/Tender Trap) - playing an all girl
set. She promises the following: Girl groups, Blondie, Kenickie, Ladytron,
Le Tigre, X Ray Spex, Girls At Our Best, Dressy Bessy, Stereolab, Rondelles,
France Gall, April March,Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Even As We Speak, Magnetic Fields,
Baby Birkin, Strawberry Switchblade and more

Regular playlist:

The Smiths * The Supremes * The Go-Betweens * Dusty Springfield * Belle &
Sebastian * Tammi Terrell * Aztec Camera * The Ronettes * Orange Juice *
Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt * The Shangri-Las *
Primal Scream * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * The Stone Roses * Dexys
Midnight Runners * The Four Tops * Dolly Parton * The Orchids