Sinister: Bank Holiday, Picnics and other social events.

Stefano [Steady-State] stephanowic at xxx.it
Fri Apr 30 11:05:32 BST 2004

Dear Sinister and Sinistrines

	I went to the Bank this morning. I can tell you, believe me, the bankers take the Bank holiday very seriously, they actually let us wait in the freezing April rain outside the door for more then half an hour out of the door, building up the longest queue ever out of a bank I’ve ever seen, and apparently enjoying themselves pretty much for that, which is a good sign of belated cynicisms. Some you should need if the people you were meant to talk to, were, actually on holiday. Bank holiday. Of course.
	This actually made me realise I haven’t realised it is actually Bank holiday, and, it is well know, there is no better way to spend them then having a picnic.
	Indeed, lovely Mrs. Rachel, pardon, doctor Rachel, invited you to meet her, and her (almost as) lovely spaniel Belle, in Glasgow, near Kelivingrove park. SATURDAY 1ST MAY, and meet up at KELVINBRIDGE UNDERGROUND AT 2 PM. [http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200404/msg00044.html]. And, as an irrelevant bonus, you’ll have chances to meet possibly the most beautiful people I have ever met, to lay down, hopefully in the sun, otherwise the pub is also a quite comfy shelter, in one of the most beautiful city in the country, the home of one if not your favourite band, I suppose, since you are on this list, (might be it used to be, alright, I’ll admit it myself) and meet the possibly most amusing bunch of sinister and sinistrine around, for the once I met. Can you think at a better plan? Honestly, I can’t.
	So I think that **you** should really really go, if you haven’t got better plans, like holidays in the Haway, or so, space trips on the Soyutz booked months in advance, marriage, but only if you’re marriage, or, perhaps best man, or something similar
 or if you are planning to go to Ian’s Yorkshire picnic, which as been rescheduled if I’m not wrong, anyway! Well, at least, I think, **you** should.
	**I**’d better stay in the capital. Which is not just turned the corner to Glasgow, but that is, at time, irrelevant, provided you have somewhere to crash, but because I have to redecorate the house. Well, that is not good enough as an excuse. Then let’s say that a good friend is moving to the southern seas, and won’t possibly see him for ages. And that’s, also, the truth.
	That makes me remember that the first time I saw Glasgow, it was for some kind of similar reason. At ahs been one of the best day in my life. And wasn’t expecting it either. Or might be I was. I’ve learnt the river which cross is the city is called the Clyde, and that is a good piece of information anyway.

	For the people who lives in London, we have a very welcome reminder by Mr. Ian Watson : [http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200404/msg00048.html] : about how does it feel to be loved being held south of the river side, and as he is pointing out there is not much actually going on over there for the indiekids(?)/galls(?).. but
tonight there is a quite interesting gig at the Coronet, near Elephant and Castle, a location of well deserved fame, featuring the absolutely astonishing The Exoplosion in The Sky. This has been my favourite record this year, and to calla a song ‘first breath after coma’ is genius. Also to call an album ‘those who tell the truth shall die, those who tell the truth shall live forever’ is a piece of genius, I think, and is damned true, as well! Papa M. (ex slint tortoise, aerial M, many other and a band I won’t name because IS rubbish) is playing
and it is a rather nice thing to listen to as well
 unfortunately there will be a bunch of elctroni!
 c performance, I say unfortunately because they make me sleep more then Valium does (so I should abuse them without any back-drawn ) but often find disappointingly pseudo-intellectual with total lack of irony and add any other nasty comment you’ll like
 better one was the guy from Mogwai with a sticker saying KID 666 on his amplifier: rock’n’roll
 well the poster in which they posed as Oasis was quite funny as well
 kid 606 is ‘playing’ (eheheh
 hitting keys on a laptop, to be precise) for the once who like the stuff. I am going, guess Dafyd, on this list and possibly other people, if so, and if you’ll fancy what about meeting up? {I would say for a drink, but possibly a pint of water would be nice anyway. Can always look like wodka or gin. actually gin and tonic, is the perfect drink for a sunny bank holiday. If the police don’t fancy sending you into jail for that!) {please reply of mail}

We have a had a quite comfy and familiar Tigermilking night a couple of week ago, this time I have not slacked as much as usual and I have updated some photographs. It was near Easter and Mark Hester came with a chocolate bunny. !N!IC!E!
You can actually see them here:
http://www.undermybed.org/tigermilking

I think is quite a lot for social events, but, if you fancy giving a hand redecorating the house, well, I’ll never say no

Hope you’ll all have a fabulous week end
	You, rather steady
	stefano