Sinister: A must read report back.

Nathan Reader - Wilson billrogers_1 at xxx.com
Mon Aug 2 11:51:30 BST 2004

Well well...they came at last.

Hi all, after months of super-excitement leading up to
the show, I finally got to see them in Melbourne!
I am from Adelaide (in South Aus. for all you
non-aussies), so I made the trek with my girlfriend to
Melbourne.

It was well well worth it...

When we got to our hotel, which was just down the road
from the Palais Theatre where thay were performing, we
started chatting to the hotel-desk-guy (a respectable
title), and told him why we were there, the
conversation went something like this...*uhem*

Me: Why hello sir, may you be so kind as to check us
in?

Desk-dude: Yup

Me: By the way, we are here to see a super-dooper band
from Scotland tomorrow night.

Desk-dude: Would that be Belle and Sebastian?

Me: Why yes, how did you know? Huh!? How!!?

Desk-dude: Why Sir, it's just that they are all
staying in the hotel...

Me: *THUD!*  (me hitting the floor)

------------------

Anyhow, it went something like that. But the important
thing was they were in the same hotel!! All plans were
immediately scrapped and the plan was to hang out in
the lobby for the next three days...well, i would have
but my girlfriend wasn't going to Melbourne and coming
back to Adelaide without shopping. So I figured I'd
run into them anyway.

Myself and a few friends all went in and bought a copy
of Catcher In The Rye and all signed it and wrote a
"how are you doing" kind of thing in the cover, in the
hope that I might run into Stuart. When I got back to
the hotel, I thought that maybe I could get Desk-dude
to call Stuart's room and ask him to come down, which
he let me do, and even gave me the phone while it was
ringing!! But he didn't answer, all hope was far from
lost!! As I was doing this in the lobby, Stuart walked
right behind me and was waiting at the elevator to go
up to his room. It was now or never...I built up all
my courage and went over to him.

Me: Excuse me Stuart?

Stuart: Mmm hmm.

Me: Umm..uhem..I...I was wondering if I could get an
autograph? (on a tigermilk record cover which i
carried around with me everywhere while in the hotel)

Stuart:Umm, sure, but I really need to take a pee
(laughs)

Anyhow, I ended up having a quick chat and getting an
autograph and a photo, it was wicked!!

To wrap up, as my hand is getting sore, throughout our
stay we bumped into Stuart three times, Chrissy G!
three times and Sarah once just after the concert. I
also had a 10-15 minute chat with Chris about the
band, how they met, why Isobel left, how good her
current work is etc.

If you have any questions or would like my autograph
(J/K, just e-mail me.

I hope all the Australian listees enjoyed their
concerts!!

Until next time. Have a good week everyone.

xxox Nathan

P.S - Colin, sorry sorry, tapes are in motion. Give me
another week.

PPs- Astrid, yes I am still at the same address. and HI!