Sinister: I'm leaving, on a jet plane...

Stuart Gardiner stugardiner at xxx.com
Wed Aug 4 21:56:34 BST 2004

Hmm, every time I send an email to Sinister at the moment, I'm in a
different country. Such a glamorous jet-setting lifestyle I have these days.
Erm, maybe.

Actually, I've spent most of the last four weeks sitting on my arse at my
parents' house, which is never fun. The parents but, not the sitting on my
arse bit, obviously. I don't think I'd have made it this far through life if
I objected to sitting down.

Still, at some point in the next month or so - as soon as the paperwork's
done, which will probably be a while since it involves the US embassy - I
will be moving to Portland, Oregon. Because I've got a job out there, for
the next two-years at least. Naturally, if anyone has any tips or advice
about the place (where to go, where to live, how the hell to get there from
the UK etc), I'm all ears. OK, not literally, pedants.

In the meantime, since I'm moving countries, I'm having a big clearout of
all my possessions which I don't want to take with me and/or can't carry to
the plane. And part of that involves getting rid of my old cassettes, since
I hardly ever listen to them any more, partly because I no longer own
anything as low-tech as a tape-player. Amongst these tapes, there is quite a
bit of B&S material; so I'm now offering it up to anyone who wants it. Sort
of first come, first served, except if I get more than one reply I'll split
the tapes up to be fairer. So not really first come, first served at all
then. Actually, I'll give priority to anyone who can record them digitally
and send me mp3 copies, since I haven't got the technology for that here. Or
failing that, to whoever offers most sexual favours.

The tapes on offer (note most of these tapes have random other stuff on them
as well...):
Live at Dublin Olympia, April 1999
John Peel session (Shoot the sexual athlete, Magic of a kind word, Nothing
in the silence, My girl's got miraculous technique)
Live in Belgium (don't know where or when, at least a couple of years ago!)
Live in Boston (likewise)
Live at Bowlie festival, April 1999
Sessions at West 54th (unbroadcast New York TV session), 1998
Black Sessions (French radio)
Live at Manchester Town Hall, December 1997 (the Sunday gig)
Beat Patrol (interviews with whole band chosing one song each by someone
else), December 1997
Steve Lamacq Evening Session, 1997 (I think)
2 x Mark Radcliffe Sessions, 1996 (I think)

Tapes offered for free, on condition that they will never be sold on to
anyone else for money.

Any takers?

Big Stu