Sinister: ahem...

marisa stroud charismarisa at xxx.ca
Thu Aug 5 05:43:26 BST 2004

quick quick

gina, miss gina titchener...could you please tell me
your address? I have a long-belated addition to your
xmas present and I don't want to send it to an address
you no longer live at. Sorry, everyone else. Continue
swimming naked...or whatever it was you were doing out
there.

In other belated news, I attended the hot-and-sunny
Ballyhoo in the Botanics (that's *really* what they
should have called it...maybe not) in June with my
good friend from Manchester, a Melbourne boy who had a
crush on me and his sister, who didn't like me and sat
"with a face like a busted muffin" (as the lovely
mancunian put it) for most of the afternoon. I hoped
Camera Obscura would cheer her up, but due to what I
think were sound difficulties, they buggered off
(slightly distressed? I was pretty far back) before I
even got my dancing feet on.

However, it was nice to see them back on my home turf
in T-dot (what *all* the cool kids call Toronto, for
those of you who might come visit Canadiashireland and
want to sound "with it") in a small and intimate venue
(The Legendary Horseshoe Tavern) where I bought a
tshirt (the wrong colour and slightly too small, but
c'est la vie) from Gavin Dunbar (the man I couldn't
bring myself to give my cv to when I saw him behind
the counter of Avalance Records last fall, not that
they would have hired me anyway, but there it
is)...they seemed to be quite low on supplies at this
point in their tour, because my friend went to buy the
'Underachievers...' album on our way out the door but
they were fresh out.

Do I win the prize for longest run-on sentence? Not on
this list, I suppose. *sigh*

It was nice to hear weegie accents again, tho. I
didn't think it would hit me the way it did.

Too bad.

I know I said I'd share the rest of my days/but I was
only going through a phase...

Am I gonna settle down? Am I gonna be/Someone who has
to take the rest of my life to settle down?

There are two frontmen in the whole world whose voices
I know intimately...who I can identify by the way they
pronounce certain consonants...for whom I freeze when
I hear the timbre of their speaking voice...the first
time I heard both these bands, I *felt* the music rush
through me and I knew something big had happened in my
life...I feel what I imagine hollywood-style love to
feel like.

How sad is that?

Maybe not "sad"...but I wonder sometimes if this
impossible love spoils me for what's real...

I wonder if I'll ever meet someone and know that
something big has happened in my life.

Cause, to be quite honest, I don't think it happens
for everyone.

Well, I guess we'll see.

marisa xo