Sinister: Engine Tours

Peter Oliver p.d.oliver at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 5 23:40:15 BST 2004

I'm going to find myself in Edinburgh at the weekend.  Bizarely, it was
cheaper to buy a train ticket to Glasgow via Edinburgh than one just for
Edinburgh.  I considered the coach, but it's twice the price of the train
and takes twice as long to get there; I suppose there's a certain twisted
logic to that, but it's no wonder that people avoid public transport with
such fervour, when just trying to figure out which ticket to buy is such
hard work.

Anyway, such an opportunity to go somewhere different, indie-club wise,
shouldn't be missed.  I increasingly find that my local clubs fail to
excite.  I hope that it's them that are getting boring, and not me...
It's also a great chance to wind up my mate, who normally won't listen to
anything unless it's heavy metal.  He'll be at my mercy.  So I thought of
you.  If anyone has any recomendations for what to do on a Saturday night
in Edinburgh (or a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday night, for that matter), it'd
be great to hear them.

--
Peter Oliver