Sinister: sunbeam shone

Jonathan Skinner jonathan.skinner at xxx.com
Sat Aug 14 15:51:28 BST 2004

Heigh ho
I hope this finds everyone in a fine state of fettleness. I am grand
and dandy, not much to complain about really, the summer is here, and
it has pissed with rain pretty much every day since June. Ahh the joys
of being in Ireland. Not a lot really going on here, most of the nice
venues in cork have closed down, which means there are only 3 nice
concert venues here (down from 6) which may or may not be good, i am
undecided as it is.
The reason for my email is very very simple. I am about to leave these
shores for the sunny climes of North America in 3 weeks ( mental note
pay for ticket and insurance) Anyway i will find myself in New York
for the last few days of my trip, namely from the 12th to the 14th, so
i am wondering if any of you nice people ( if anyone actually reads
this) that live there or are familiar with the place could email me
some nice, interesting places to go in the city, or even *Gasp* meet
up. One thing must be confessed though, i will only be 20 at the time
so any suggestions that come my way, if any should keep that in
mind.(rant) It always strikes me as odd that if i was an American, i
could if i so desired go out and die, if not kill for my country but i
couldn't go out and have a drink to celebrate coming back alive.
(/rant)
So yeah that would be great if someone could email me sometime.
In other news, i managed to miss belle and Sebastian twice this
summer, once in London due to tickets being sold out and then at out
equiv of Glastonbury, merely because i hate festivals
Cast ne'er a clout till may be out
Peace, love ,lollipops
jonathan