Sinister: For Those About To Rock Biography

Peter Miller pj-miller at xxx.uk
Sat Aug 21 19:32:45 BST 2004

I think perhaps Tim was riffing on the idea of Island Records.

I can't believe I made fun of Don Drummond. That's like making fun of
Muhammad Ali.

For the record, Tag had read the Keith Moon book.

Helter Skelter had to close their shop on Denmark Street because the rent
was too high, or something. I got a book for half price during their closing
down sale. It was about the Beach Boys. I hope to sell it for a vast profit
one day.

I had a look through 'A Crack in the Cosmic Egg' (in Spain, of all places).
My gut instincts were right. It is full of stuff about where people's heads
were at when they made such and such a record.

I feel strangely violated by the fact that there is a B&S book coming out
and that it appears to be 'authorised'. I suppose this opens the floodgates
for unscrupulous scandalmongers, though. Also, it might be interesting to
read. It may be full of shocking revelations, such as 'Stuart David wasn't
in the least bit impressed because his pen could write upside down'.

Perhaps I should send this in to Sinister instead of just posting it here. I
had wanted to Report Back on my visit to Pinefox Central, but I suppose it
can wait.

Sister Disco