Sinister: I'm a bit late for Thanksgiving but...

grainne lynch g.lynch at xxx.com
Tue Dec 7 19:01:49 GMT 2004

Hello Sinister,

All the Christmas Exchange participants should have got their e-mails last Thursday and should know who they have to buy/make/glitter a present for. I had fun organising it. I liked getting your e-mails and hearing how much everyone loved the Christmas Exchange. I reminded me how much I like Sinister.

Before the Christmas Exchange e-mails I don’t think I’d written to you in over a year, maybe two, but I’ve been half-writing posts in my head for about 6 months so it was obviously time that I came out of lurkerdom. Fortunately or unfortunately, those half-written posts didn’t even get as far as the Draft folder. But despite never getting in touch, I can’t imagine not being part of Sinister. I will be in Dimitra’s old folks in years and years talking about my first B&S concert or my favourite Sinister posts.

Most of the people I know on-line I’ve met through Sinister. Without Sinister I wouldn’t have got involved in Friends of the Heroes and wouldn’t have ended up in Norway this summer with Rachel Sunnyset, listening to ‘If you’re feeling sinister’ in a little house on the edge of the fjord. And I can’t even begin to describe the effect you have had on the music I listen to through recommendations and mix-tapes or the way I think and feel about music. So, thank you : )

You guys are pretty special to me, and if Sinister is that much quieter now, it just makes me look forward to new posts more! And there’s always the archives.

And this Friday I am heading to the Chickfactor Ball with a few people from Friends of the Heroes, which also wouldn’t be happening without Sinister. Perhaps I will see some of you there.

All my love,
Grainne.